Full-length resizing - differences between dies?

MikeJ

51 minutes ago, Richiew said:
Bryan Litz's Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Vol II, Chapter on Neck Tension. Bryan ran some tests on .223 using an AMP annealer and measured effect on muzzle velocity consistency. His interim summary findings, pending more in depth study, was that their .223 data showed annealing didn't make any difference in muzzle velocity testing results. He points out there are good reasons other than SD/ES to anneal though.
The published findings from the book tend to run contrary to internet wisdom so I look forward to more in depth reloading research in a future Litz publication. For those who have not had a chance to read it though, the Vol II publication has 5 chapters in an advance handloading section that I found well worth reading through.

Reply This came from a US forum and I have also read his books. Was going to get an AMP and after reading the book thought I’d save my money and just reload until brass looks knackered then buy new . You can buy lots of brass for the price of an AMP . Cheers 

There's the benefit of brass life to also consider.

Don’t think there’s a wrong or right answer just what suits your system. So many variables to take into account. I don’t anneal or neck turn just bump the shoulder and neck size with Forster dies and am very happy changing my brass when it looks worn out . I find on some loads there’s very little expansion so trim after sizing then shoot maybe four more times without the need to trim again . 

1 minute ago, Richiew said:

Don’t think there’s a wrong or right answer just what suits your system. So many variables to take into account. I don’t anneal or neck turn just bump the shoulder and neck size with Forster dies and am very happy changing my brass when it looks worn out . I find on some loads there’s very little expansion so trim after sizing then shoot maybe four more times without the need to trim again . 

agreed - what works on the range and gives added additional benefits should be the only measures