Hornady 123g match .

Frederick

Hi Frederick,

I think the people here would be most willing to help you, but you might need to specify the cartridge the powders and Hornady 123 grain match projectile will be used with?

I take it that the projectile is more specifically the 123 gr 6.5 mm ELD Match and from the prior charge weight of N150 you have used that the cartridge is the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Neil

2 hours ago, BlueBoy69 said:

Hi Frederick,

I think the people here would be most willing to help you, but I think you might need to specify the cartridge the powders and Hornady 123 grain match projectile will be used with?

I take it that the projectile is more specifically the 123 gr 6.5 mm ELD Match and from the prior charge weight of N150 you have used that the cartridge the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Neil

Thanks Neil , after googling for hours I was beginning to lose the plot 😀

Its a Bergara B14 HMR , 26 in barrel in 6.5cm , 1-8 twist . The bullet is indeed Hornady ELD match 123g , 6.5cm . It would seem I have to purchase Hornady loading data for one bullet 🤔

Have Lapua and Starline brass .

Just use any safe 6.5CM load data for any 123gn class bullet.

As you’re already shooting the 123gn Scenar, I’d use a starting load just 0.5gn less than your 123gn Scenar load, then run an OCW test by increasing the powder charge incrementally until you find the right node for the 123gn ELD. Then alter your seating depth to fine tune things and get your groups small.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, Frederick said:

Thanks Neil , after googling for hours I was beginning to lose the plot 😀

Its a Bergara B14 HMR , 26 in barrel in 6.5cm , 1-8 twist . The bullet is indeed Hornady ELD match 123g , 6.5cm . It would seem I have to purchase Hornady loading data for one bullet 🤔

Have Lapua and Starline brass .

I've got the 11th Edition Hornady reloading book, and it's mostly Americocentric powder wise for 120-123 grain bullet weights for the 6.5 Hornady Creedmoor cartridge. There are some Norma offerings, but none from Vihtavuori, or Reload Swiss (see later comment).

For 123 grain ELD-M at a COAL of 2.710", their charge weight range for Reloder 15 (RL15) is 36.1 to 39.5 grains. For RL17 the range is 40.7 to 44.3 grains.

As you and many others are aware RL17 is essentially the Nitrochemie Wimmis Reload Swiss product RS60, which has simply been rebranded for the US audience. As such you should be able to directly substitute one powder for the other. Though as always, start at the low end of the charge weight scale.

As to Vihtavuori powder offerings, use their 123 grain Scenar data, but start at the low end of the charge weight scale.

If you are uncomfortable using load data not supplied by Hornady, stick with their data.

As to Vihtavuori powders and using their supplied data for the 123 grain Scenars for the 123 grain ELD-M, if you are uncomfortable doing this I guess you'd just have to buy some 123 grain Scenars instead?