Non Lead Projectiles… that work 😁

bobthenailer

Finally had a chance to load up some 140GN Eagle.308 projectiles from Virtus Precision.
The projectiles arrived well packaged in a resealable plastic box.

Load development was very simple and all loads tested were Sub MOA, these projectiles are extremely accurate.

Once I settled on a load I made up a batch and decided to sit out in the hope of a Sika or two. 
I Hind and Calf very kindly obliged at 94 Meters… Bang Flop for both.
I purposefully put the shot directly onto the shoulder so I could access any expansion.

As you can see from the pictures below expansion is truly fantastic! Energy transfer is spectacular. Some may say that it’s excessive and somehow expect a projectile to kill emphatically yet cause little or no carcass damage??? News Flash! Projectiles/Bullets kill quickly by causing Damage to tissue, organs and rapid blood loss. 

I personally would rather write off a shoulder for Dog/Ferret food and anchor the beast than spend precious time looking for runners. 

Around 17 years ago I was involved in one of the first scientific NLA trials culling over 300 beasts with EVERY available NLA at that time, which to be honest wasn’t many. Carcasses were studied in a MRI Scanner at Southampton Uni, Almost every projectile tested terminal performance was poor to say the least. Lots and lots of lengthy tracking for missing beasts. ☹️
To say I have a jaded opinion is an understatement…

So you can see my excitement when a NL projectile performs as promised. 
I have just ordered a heap more of them in various calibre’s.
I will post some skin off pictures on Monday after I butcher the carcasses.
Apologies for the long post.

Kind regards,
Bob.

Attachments

• BEF342C0-78FF-418C-AA77-833DFB5F1A7C.jpeg
    BEF342C0-78FF-418C-AA77-833DFB5F1A7C.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2B878FF1-8FE3-40BB-A154-104428F9FD06.jpeg
    2B878FF1-8FE3-40BB-A154-104428F9FD06.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 02091522-3C16-43B5-98C3-C25BFCA8A106.jpeg
    02091522-3C16-43B5-98C3-C25BFCA8A106.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 27
  • A1F02BBC-AD24-4337-82EE-96106FD51686.jpeg

I don't know how UK deer are different to ones here but I -levelled- three sika on Wednesday with three successive shots. Just the boring old 120 TTSX out of the 7-08. Used by truckloads of hunters here.

I have just ordered some more projectiles from Virtus and the price has gone down! 

I received a message from the owner stating that the copper price has gone down so his raw materials cost had reduced and that saving he was passing onto his customers.

You don’t EVER get that from the big companies.

AND he is truly interested in feedback be it positive or negative so he may improve his product. Try even getting any meaningful response from any big company… 

Fantastic service, thank you Virtus Precision 👍

Kind regards,

Bob.