Powder dispensers

Kipper

What is everyone using powder dispenser/ digital scales ?

I bought a RCBS 2000 digi scale but the things stopped working.

I'm not doing the beam scale thing again - don't have the time or patience tbh.

Love a V3 but at £650 I need to wait a long time 😆

The critical starting point is the scale and I'm afraid to tell you that if you're serious, you need to suck it up and get a mag restoration force scale like the AnD 120i. All the cheap scales are strain gauge based and will often have drift and other issues.

The throwing/ trickling isn't that involved, eg you can get a basic thrower and trickler and still end up with a perfect result. If you want the other extreme, put your name down on the waiting list for the V4 Auto Trickler.

https://autotrickler.com/pages/autotrickler

This setup works for me . I upgraded the rcbs trickler to an electric dandy one from the US . Nice and simple can do powder load and seat a bullet every 40 seconds or so . Bulk load from a rcbs basic thrower set to about half a grain low . 
cheers 

4328D269-AE78-4561-BF89-3C49A7699C8B.jpeg

Honestly the scales are fantastic. I was throwing and trickling manually while waiting for my v3 to come and it easy. Had gempro before and it took ages to weight powder. But got A and D scales and it was like a breath of fresh air, fast accurate and reliable. Plus you can always add on after

I have used various types of electronic powder dispensers / scales for years, but have found them insufficiently reliable owing to their tendency to drift.  For the last few years, I've been using a basic RCBS 505 scale coupled with this frankly fantastic bit of kit: TARGETMASTER - Online Shop (targetmasteruk.com)  I use an RCBS powder thrower to produce a rough charge and then use the Targetmaster to top it up.  It's accurate - reliably accurate - and pretty fast.  I still have a set of lab scales just to check a sample of charge weights, but I can't imagine using anything but the Targetmaster now.

18 hours ago, Richiew said:

This setup works for me . I upgraded the rcbs trickler to an electric dandy one from the US . Nice and simple can do powder load and seat a bullet every 40 seconds or so . Bulk load from a rcbs basic thrower set to about half a grain low. 

If I'm loading literally a few rounds for some reason I do this, just throw with a cheapo Lee thrower and then an RCBS trickler or fingers 😜

More than that its Autothrow/trickler, which will turn a primed case into a loaded round in something like 15ish seconds, 20 at a push.

23 hours ago, Richiew said:

This setup works for me . .. trickler to an electric dandy one from the US . Nice and simple can do powder load and seat a bullet every 40 seconds or so . Bulk load from a rcbs basic thrower set to about half a grain low

Exactly what I'm using til the V4 arrives