Running out of elevation ... advice please.

Take them off the rifle and stand them side by side on a flat surface - if they still don't match up then yes, Tier One should put it right, they are not cheap mounts.

I could be that the "teeth" that bite on the dovetail are a poor match for the angle dovetail cut. The dovetail on the Annie was never made to fit standard scope rings, it's designed for the very fine fitting on the aperture sights.

9 minutes ago, 1066 said:

Take them off the rifle and stand them side by side on a flat surface - if they still don't match up then yes, Tier One should put it right, they are not cheap mounts.

I could be that the "teeth" that bite on the dovetail are a poor match for the angle dovetail cut. The dovetail on the Annie was never made to fit standard scope rings, it's designed for the very fine fitting on the aperture sights.

My bet is as you say 1066,  mismatch of dovetail angles,  I can't see Tier One rings being out of true (assuming they are a pair and not two strugs 'matched').

12 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

My bet is as you say 1066,  mismatch of dovetail angles,  I can't see Tier One rings being out of true (assuming they are a pair and not two strugs 'matched').

I think that you're spot on as when I looked at them earlier, once I took the off the rifle, tightened them up and placed them on a flat surface back to back they lined up perfectly. 

I did try my BKL mounts on the rifle as they were on previously, pushed them together and they fit with zero issues so I'll be using these this weekend to rezero and see how I get on? 

2 hours ago, Trigger73 said:

I think that you're spot on as when I looked at them earlier, once I took the off the rifle, tightened them up and placed them on a flat surface back to back they lined up perfectly. 

I did try my BKL mounts on the rifle as they were on previously, pushed them together and they fit with zero issues so I'll be using these this weekend to rezero and see how I get on? 

Glad you've got to the root cause of your problem

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to this, hope you got it sorted.

I never liked mounting rings to 11mm dovetails - never seemed enough meat across the length of the ring/mount to have a good solid hold. What I did on my 1813 and on our club Match 54's was add a contessa rail [https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/contessa-picatinny-rail-anschutz-54-0-moa] which used significantly more mounting surface (the whole length of picatinny rail) to the 11mm rail to provide a good solid mount, which was tightened up top to tighten it perpendicular to the top of the action - then use more substantial picatinny/weaver mounts to attach the scope to said rail.

I know you said this wasn't your ideal approach above, but I have found it significantly more forgiving on our club rifles with regards to knocks, and have had no bother whatsoever with longer range shots.

Would definitely suggest this method, if you're still having issues with your setup.

Example of this setup on our club rifle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ZyVLZAmEW/

2 hours ago, TattooedGun said:

Bit late to this, hope you got it sorted.

I never liked mounting rings to 11mm dovetails - never seemed enough meat across the length of the ring/mount to have a good solid hold. What I did on my 1813 and on our club Match 54's was add a contessa rail [https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/contessa-picatinny-rail-anschutz-54-0-moa] which used significantly more mounting surface (the whole length of picatinny rail) to the 11mm rail to provide a good solid mount, which was tightened up top to tighten it perpendicular to the top of the action - then use more substantial picatinny/weaver mounts to attach the scope to said rail.

I know you said this wasn't your ideal approach above, but I have found it significantly more forgiving on our club rifles with regards to knocks, and have had no bother whatsoever with longer range shots.

Would definitely suggest this method, if you're still having issues with your setup.

Example of this setup on our club rifle:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ZyVLZAmEW/

Cheers buddy, I spotted the Contessa rail and thought about it.

I purchased some FX No Limit mounts and they allowed me to keep optical centre and still give me the elevation needed BUT upon further inspection once home (after the session), I noticed that the FX, like the Tier One were bottoming out on the rail as the Anschutz receiver is curved. 

I took them off and replaced them with a BKL one piece mount as to date, the only real decent clearance I get on the Anschutz is from BKL and they're absolutely spot on for rimfire. 

This weekend I was back at the range trying to zero with the scope and mount combo and gave in and used a shim made from a plastic milk bottle, it worked but it was way too windy to go to the 100 and test so I'm going to try to get there on Wednesday. 

If all else fails I may go for the Contessa as its a lovely looking piece of kit. 

Had a good result earlier today, the shim worked well with the BKL one piece mount, only had to dial a handful of clicks from optical centre so I think I can put this to bed fkr now... The Contessa will be my go to if I decide to go picatinny however. 

I have two anschutz rimfire and have used sportsmatch mounts , no problems. There is an adjustable version 

ATP34
 ATP 34 - Adjustable scope mount
2 PIECE ADJUSTABLE
A = 24mm - 25.3mm
B = 21mm
Weight = 133g
Adjustable for elevation and height.
Registered design No. 4023419

Upto 40 MOA Vertical Adjustment 

this might do the trick ????

Cheers