UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

A Weekend Away

Dellboy

Well after 2 years of waiting to be allowed out to play the planets aligned .

Flights on offer at 29.99 return (plus the seat booking fees of £4 each way, wouldnt let me stand  )

Slack time work wise

Pass isued by the managment

Double jabbed

Czech accepting UK residents .

So

Mask on and a drive to Stanstead  heading to Brno 

Met by Dave at the airport (2hours later ) and off for some food then to the accomadation .

Pick up after breakfast and down to the range ,

My choice was to get back into the pistol shooting  (bit rusty after 2 years )  and was using a Shadow 2 with optics  (maybe my compact 75 needs retiring ) . Decided my grip isnt good as my thumbs get in the way so worked on that with a few differnt drills ( dont tell Craig i borrowed his holster )

Day 2 was carbine time with a bit of shooting with the MP5  going through some drills and ending up with a speed shooting 11 target (1 moving ) timed shoot (4.7 something )  while being totally out classed by Dave with his Sig MPX .Was told the Sig was quicker (he  was clocking 3.17 ) He was right managed a 3.74 3 times on the bounce with the Sig .

Last day was  a quick refresh before heading to the Airport  and the normal side of life ..

If youve not tried it just do it 

Note i choose to limit my choices weapon wise but far more is available  Glocks CZ in a variety of flavours  some mix of carbines and a belt fed antique (if it floats your boat )

Enclosed some pics below  (i think i hid the ones of me )

20211016_150059.jpg

20211016_110336.jpg

20211017_103439.jpg

1 hour ago, brown dog said:

Damn - that’s about the same cost as catching a train to Birmingham 😳

That Sig carbine looks spot on.

I was suprised how moch faster i was with the Sig to the old school MP5  , As always i was the limiting factor  lol .

Certainly is a lot of gear to choose from  will be trying to get back before Christmas 

BD, the beauty of the Sig mpx is that it’s piston driven, not direct blown back so avoids the excessive bolt mass and recoil of typical AR 9 platforms. The Mp5 delayed roller locking system is also nice but slower in use.

The mpx AR15 compatibility and it’s general modularity make it a very  overall good system. My biggest criticism is the 13.5x1 LH muzzle thread that really needs an adapter to use common suppressor thread sizes ( eg 14x1 RH). It’s doable with 18x1 RH adapter or tri-lug. I’m trying GIS and A-ATec suppressors at the moment. The jury is still out on that one but the hardest bit is finding a super strong high temperature thread locker. Sig do a dedicated Mpx suppressor which would be the way to go but I have not seen these in Europe.

• 11 months later...

Just an update to this   booked up and went again in April (2022)  with two guys from a club i belong to , hoped i hadnt overhyped it ......

Must have got something right  as one guy came again this trip ( End sept 2022) while the other one is coming next year  ..

Confirmed my romance with a shadow 2 and its got my name on it  .

Things to look forward to next year ...

• 1 year later...

Well had another weekend in Czech with Dave (ds1 ) nothing to add except a great weekend went with a first timer from the club and someone who has been twice before .

Even the Ryanair delay at Stanstead couldnt ruin the weekend  which went far too quickly .

If you want to learn something and have a great weekend  youve got to give it a go ......