After market work

Happy plinker

Dunno what underleaver you’ve got, but there are plenty of YouTube videos that show you how to slick up an U/L.

I found a bunch which helped with my Rossi 92. Polished all sear, trigger, raceway surfaces. And I installed a Palo Verde spring kit. With the Rossi, even just changing the ejector spring made a massive difference to the smoothness before polishing.

I’ve put around 900 rounds (.44mag) through it since the tweaks and it’s 100% reliable. All very simple to do - I suggest you just give it a go.

You will of course need someone to thread and proof the barrel though.

I fitted a "Wild West" trigger to my Marlin (Remlin) .44Rem and that was the single best thing done.  I also set to work with diamond stone and wet n' dry on rubbing surfaces (being very careful with sear etc to ensure ramp angles were not changed, just polished).  As new (2015) it was appalling and I don't exaggerate, it was just crap.  It's quite good now.

I believe Marlins are much better out of the box now,  I think I had one of the dreadful first batch after Marlin production was transferred to Remington.  My Henry 45/70 was just fine out of the box, no fettling required.

As per suggestions, have a good look on YouTube and read up on the various online articles then do the work yourself, if you take things slowly it is not a too difficult job.

I would suggest though obtaining the correct size hollow ground flat blade screwdrivers or set of 1/4 drive tips:  https://www.marlinspares.com/product/marlin-screw-driver-bits/   makes life easier and prevents chance of messing the heads of screws up or slipping and gouging the bluing.

T

8 minutes ago, terryh said:

As per suggestions, have a good look on YouTube and read up on the various online articles then do the work yourself, if you take things slowly it is not a too difficult job.

I would suggest though obtaining the correct size hollow ground flat blade screwdrivers or set of 1/4 drive tips:  https://www.marlinspares.com/product/marlin-screw-driver-bits/   makes life easier and prevents chance of messing the heads of screws up or slipping and gouging the bluing.

T

+1 on hollow ground screwdriver blades,  makes the job right.

7 hours ago, Happy plinker said:

I'll be honest guys I don't trust I wouldn't mess it up and as I want it threaded it be best finding a suggested company 

Does the muzzle extend past the magazine?  Lots of the ones I've seen are level which would make fitting a mod difficlut

If there's enough meat on the barrel, you could thread it internally and have an adapter to an external thread. I think that's what Akeld was suggesting...