Insurance

Bryn21

First post so please bear with me. I grew up on a small holding using shotguns, air rifles and ferrets for rabbit control and have a fair amount of firearms experience with work, however I have got my FAL last year during lockdown and am now hoping to undertake some vermin control for some friends locally (rats with the air rifle and potentially some foxing).

Being a newbie to this area of shooting i wondered if anyone could suggest a good insurance provider, i note BASC offer it as part of their membership package but if there are any other suggestions i would be grateful for the advice from the forum? Also would one of the BASC day courses be good starter to make sure that what i think i know is in fact the correct approach?

thanks in advance

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

NFU 

NGO 

and no you don’t have to be a farmer or a game keeper . 

just give either a call , very friendly , a lot cheaper.

BASC is nothing more than the caravan club in tweed . 

Thanks One on top of two, I used to have car insurance through NFU when i first passed my test on the small holding, but did not know they did shooting insurance too. 

I will also have a look at NGO an organisation i was not aware of.

Have you tried Country Sports Insurance | Public Liability, Legal Advice & Personal Accident Injury Solicitors | UK (ccc3.co.uk)

I am only a target shooter and I have taken out insurance with these for quite a while , but probably worth a look and not too expensive.

19 hours ago, geek said:

Have you tried Country Sports Insurance | Public Liability, Legal Advice & Personal Accident Injury Solicitors | UK (ccc3.co.uk)

I am only a target shooter and I have taken out insurance with these for quite a while , but probably worth a look and not too expensive.

I too am with Country Cover Club (ccc3).

Haven't had to use them yet (hopefully never) thank goodness, so can’t comment on how good they’ll be when you need them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:42 PM, Catch-22 said:

I too am with Country Cover Club (ccc3).

Haven't had to use them yet (hopefully never) thank goodness, so can’t comment on how good they’ll be when you need them.

Thanks Catch-22, sorry i need to check my settings as not getting notifications so missed you had responded!