Short Stocks for Children

I'd like to have a small .22LR set-up for youngsters at our club.  I've seen Brownell's do a 10/22 Youth wooden stock that's reasonably priced.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for 10/22 or CZ455 bolt ?

6 minutes ago, Akeld said:

Kids grow quite quick, just buy a cheap replacement stock and cut a few inches off

I think you miss the point;  it's for a club with youngsters moving through.

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

I saw this on the HPS Target Rifles website - they do a 3/4 scale laminate stock for their CZ based youth rifle.

4484523B-03FD-4485-8D3C-107F6DC2BB55.jpeg

Thanks Shuggy, that's just the sort of thing

Joe West made the above stocks for HPS. What I would do is come by some CZ factory stocks cut them down by chopping a bit of the butt. then with a sander take down the pistol grip from the back to keep the grip to trigger length short as possible. Stick the butt pad back on and sand down where needed then either tru oil it or varnish them something that can easily be revitalised. Or speak to Joe he,s a nice chap, but I would say that.

2 hours ago, dorg said:

Joe West made the above stocks for HPS. What I would do is come by some CZ factory stocks cut them down by chopping a bit of the butt. then with a sander take down the pistol grip from the back to keep the grip to trigger length short as possible. Stick the butt pad back on and sand down where needed then either tru oil it or varnish them something that can easily be revitalised. Or speak to Joe he,s a nice chap, but I would say that.

It's an idea, however I'm trying to avoid DIY solutions.

I've found Savage make a 11" pull and a 13" pull rifle.  Both have short barrels so also aiding the balance for little people.  

2 hours ago, Akeld said:

My error, that'll teach me to skip read a post

Also been there, done that, bought the T shirt  - no worries, thanks for the input