FTR, and FClass

Jeffo1960

If this post is in the wrong section I apologise, I am looking to get into the above, I have a Tikka. 308 ctr, which I am thinking of getting it rebarreled in a 30",for the above is there a club or something I can attend as a spectator, so I can get some advice etc, 

Thanks in advance 

Looking at your profile you’re in Cardiff 

Have a look for local HO Approved clubs that have an F Class section and go from there. 

Alternatively there are a few clubs that operate out of Bisley and obv shoot at the NSC so go out to 1200 yards. 

I'm not sure, but it's possible they may do something like this at Sennybridge? That's near enough to you I guess.

Get in touch and ask them - they can only say no.

I’m S Wales based.

I don’t know of any FClass or FTR clubs down this way, but then I don’t shoot those disciplines and might be out of the loop.

Sennybridge isn’t a FClass/FTR setup, they’re field firing ranges or specific ranges mostly with SARTS or reactive targetry. You could practice for FClass/FTR but I’d say less than ideal.

The clubs that use Sennybridge, Rogiet and others around here are mostly simple target  shooting.

There is Barry Island Tunnel shooting club, some of those members do load development for FClass/FTR sometimes, but really go on to Bisley to shoot properly and to compete.

There aren’t FClass/FTR competitions down this way to my knowledge - you’ll need to travel elsewhere to take part in that.

Contact Mik at Dolphin guns , he runs an introductory training weekend at Bisley for anyone trying to get into the sport. He's a really good bloke and you will not get a better way in.