Longest Lantac Wait

JDT

Just wondering what's the longest anyone's waited for a Lantac from day of order? I know they're renowned for long lead times but I have just crossed the sobering milestone of 1 year because my Stealth Raven was ordered late July last year. Do I have the dubious honour of a record here?

I know there's a shortage of rifles and parts (especially AR15s) because in the USA lots of people have panic bought for everything from Covid to Biden but a year still just seems crazy.

21 minutes ago, JDT said:

Yes, I paid £500 deposit on the day of order and then the remaining balance in October.

You paid in full for something you haven't taken delivery of?  That's worrying

JDT,

There is a lot going on globally re. shipping and in the US re. anything AR related - simple things like having components anodized.

What was the stated completion date ex factory from Lantac? Have they been prompt in answering any emails/communications etc.

I must admit paying up front before completion is a bit 'off' IMHO, payment when it was on their dock ready to ship perhaps.

I know some guys in my club had a looooong wait for theirs, not much comfort but at least you're not alone.

To be clear here, they did not ask for full payment up front, that was my call because I had the money and wanted a realistic account balance so thought I'd just do it. I'd assume in the event I wanted to cancel that it would be refundable. So I have no issue on the payment front.

What frustrates me is that their production / ETA updates are simply non-existent. I email every couple of months and just get a standard 'they're on their way' sort of email. I wish they were just pro-active in keeping their customers who have deposits down informed, even just once a month.

Originally I was told 'around October but expect high possibility of delay' which was reasonable - I anticipated delays due to the circumstances. Then in January that a batch of Stealth Ravens was due March, then more were on their way in July and they just go down the customer list for order date and depending on how may they get, the customers highest up the list would get it.

Surely any well-run operation would know how many rifles are coming per batch (with at least an estimated time), do a simple calculation based on where you are on the waiting list and tell you which batch you'll get one and when that's due?

Poor or inaccurate comms is really not acceptable, even if they have bad news it is reasonable to be told it.

Not sure what, if anything, you can do, ask for a definitive date and if not forthcoming get your money back and have one built in the UK?

Yeah that's what's irritating me. Going to give it a couple of weeks and then email stating that I want a true current estimate based on my position on the waiting lists and rifles per batch and when they're currently anticipated for.

If they can't provide a real honest estimate then yes I think I'll cancel and get one built elsewhere. It's shame because I'm sure the product is great but the communication is absolutely shocking.

Having waited this long I would hang on if it is what you really want. Also consider that if you cancel you may join the back of someone else's queue. The pandemic has knocked most manufacturing and shipping very badly so a good portion of your wait so far was probably not productive time. Also the gun buying in the states went nuts during your wait due to pandemic and Biden getting in, so their suppliers will have been affected. Lantac had long waiting times before covid so any extra delay on top is going to make it feel extremely long. I ordered my Raven in December I recieved it in the following August, all before covid existed. I have had great customer service from them once I had my rifle and I am very happy with it.

For others on the thread, normally with Lantac you put down a £500 deposit, then pay the balance once they have the rifle in the country and through proof so it is ready for pick up or sending to your RFD. You can choose to pay all of it at any point though.

• 1 month later...

I have placed an order with them back at the beginning of February 2021 for a RAVEN .223 Wylde Straight Pull Rifle, they promised to deliver in April 2021 which I was absolutely sure it was not a realistic lead time, but I thought for a moment and imagined they had some big batches coming, so I gave them some trust.

After April I started following up every 4 weeks, the answer is always "it is coming", this of course  always after sending a second email to them because they never reply the first ones, they never reply promptly. I always hear the rifles are great from other people on the web, that is what is keeping me from cancelling my order, but the customer service is very poor in my opinion.

On the 12th of August 2021, after following up dozens of times before, I got a feedback that my rifle had arrived in the country that morning, and it was going to proof, so I should have it in 3 weeks or so, we are approaching 7 weeks after the rifle arrival, and no signs of the rifle (Almost 2 months to proof a barrel????). After 12th August I followed up with Lantac at least 3 or 4 times, there is always something that pushes the delivery forward, more excuses??? who knows....today is 27th September as I write here, no sings yet of the rifle.

I am not sure if Lantac reads any forums or posts of people complaining about their customer service and extreme long lead times, but to be frank, I do not think they give bananas for it, they are simply not interested to deliver their products quicker, before pandemic, during or after, it seems they do not really care.

I heard from people on Facebook that some gentlemen were waiting about 2 years for their rifle, I could not believe it!!! I started thinking what is going on, I asked again the gentleman, he confirmed that was not a typo on his message, indeed he was waiting 2 years for an AR15 to be built...that seems unacceptable to me. If I knew from the get go that I would have to wait 2 years for a rifle to be built, I would not even think about placing an order with them. When you speak to them over the phone, they give you a 3 months lead times, then it turns to be 2 years....the truth is, we never have any information how many people are waiting, how long, etc...

This is just my experience so far with Lantac....for whoever is planning to buy anything with them.....I hope the rigfle is great and I have no problems with it in the future, otherwise it will probably be another 1 or 2 years before they can fix it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I waited 5 months for an order ( nothing compared to some I know) , but when I phoned and complained they cancelled my order and refunded me! Now I didn't ask for this just an time frame and a reason it kept going backwards. If they are this poor at point of sale what are they like with faults, warranty issues!!

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd give a little update on this. After being told in August that they'd be delivered mid October (that sad part is by this point I wasn't even remotely hopeful that would be the case) I waited until the start of November to enquire where they were (of course it was me emailing them again and not the other way round...). I was told they still weren't delivered from the US, no reason why. At this point I basically responded that their communication was non-existent and shockingly unacceptable. I was offered a full refund and I took it.

So after a year and 3 months of waiting I've finally moved on. Went to see Wayne at North West Custom Parts yesterday and he's doing me a custom build. I got to pick everything - receiver, handguard, grip, stock, charging handle, safety - and see and handle the lot. Only thing he didn't have in stock was the better mag adapter I want for S&W M&P mags, but that won't take long. I would recommend him infinitely more than Lantac, for anyone who would wish to know. He carries a lot in stock too.