Offa's Dyke - Where now?

6 hours ago, DaveT said:

Jim

Any advance on HME RCO for Warminster?

MDRC may have relevant quals ....only just joined so not sure.

MDRC does have an HME RCO as I understand. They frequently have a dedicated HME session at the Tunnel…perfect for getting sighted in and ‘practice’ ahead of a HME at the range.

I for one will be bringing my .338NM along to Warminster in Nov. 👍

9 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Great...I will give my 338 LM a long overdue outing!

Excellent!

However, bear in mind many of the MDRC aren’t keen on brakes.
Not shot with them on an MOD range, so might not be an issue there, but you must use a moddy, not a brake, if lighting up in the Tunnel.

Suggest bring a moddy to Warminster to be on the safe side.

• 4 weeks later...

MDRC have shown now uppitiness with my brakes at the various MOD shoots I have enjoyed with them. There was a bit of low level grumbling initially at the sight of my .308 STR with brake in the tunnel, but I ensured the wall was one sight and my mate the other so all was well. It does bark a bit in the tunnel though :lol: 

I understand from the grapevine that we'll need to be on our bets behaviour though, dotting the 'i's and crossing the 'T's, as there have been issues with other clubs not doing stuff right and all of us are under the spotlight for rule adherence by Landmarc. 

No negative comments re brakes at the recent Rogiet shoot.

Shooting is a loud pastime but if we can seperate bare guns & mod users from brakes then its basic courtesy.

And in your face!

I don't mind shooting next to a brake and have two braked rifles myself.

Not nice next to a 50 cal though!😁

The thing is that if the people at a shoot mostly have braked rifles, no one complains. Also if people join a club of antisocialites (FCSA (UK)) they don't really have a leg to stand on as they know what they are letting themselves in for.

However the club sawn off below, a .50BMG Fortmeier with a 20" barrel to keep it below 10,000ft/lbs so we can have it as a club rifle, is possibly the most unpleasant rifle to shoot on the planet, due to the very short barrel the cone of clear air behind the rifle is tiny, so you feel the pressure wave go straight through you.

35521650_10216968642707465_5888765995245371392_o.jpg

On 10/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, DaveT said:

And in your face!

I don't mind shooting next to a brake and have two braked rifles myself.

Not nice next to a 50 cal though!😁

I layed and shot inbetween 50 cals..

I didn't withstand many blasts before I moved 🤪🤣

There's no ban on brakes at Monmouth - it's down to the RCO's discretion but we try do to squad people so that people with brakes shoot with others using them or with people who aren't bothered by them.

Sure,those brakes don't make things any louder but they do direct the sound sideways, as mentioned above which, in a relatively narrow, accoustically hard tunnel, results in it being much louder at the firing point.  I have shot my .338LM in there with a brake.....it's dramatic.