What’s your favourite 223 fox bullet .

Richiew

Hi all 

Any info on good bullets for foxing in 223 . Have a 1:8” tikka . Currently using 60 grain Berger varmint and also 52 grain Amax which are very good but not always available. How do 53 grain v- max work.

Cheers Rich 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers 

I’ll be putting my order in at local shop . Elds it is . Always had good results with the Amax in 308 at factory length 2.81” . 
enjoy the heat and keep hydrated, beer helps 

Mostly the commonly wanted bullets at the major reloading websites are out of stock till October glad I found some . Sometimes when you load a bullet it just looks right and you know it’ll be a good un . Have loaded the 52 g Amax to what looks like similar length to the pictures from hornady factory ammo . 
thanks all 

Hi there one on top of two . 
just starting reloading the 73 g eldms , coal to lands is 2.344” so going to start ten thou shorter , with 22 grains of n135 . How’s this compare to your load if you don’t mind?? 
cheers 

Thanks very much . Great results there well done . Hope I can be as good with my reload s . Noticed at 22 grains there still a fair bit of room for more powder. The loaded rounds do look good tho , looking forward to next week s testing hope weather stays ok . 
Thanks for sharing your info 

Looking good 👍 

I don’t have that problem. All my rifles hunting/foxing are single shot or have single shot converters in the magazine. If I’m shooting at night I will only single load anyway , or on the rare occasion I have a lamp man don’t like using a mag . Just an old habit really , I just don’t like fumbling around with a magazine in the dark. Plus I know that when I take the round out I know the rifle 100% safe . I have seen and heard of to many people going home and still have a round in the mag or go to stick it there case and suddenly realise there was one in the chamber … doh 🙄 like I say one of my old habits . 

Excellent in your safety mate . I’ve often nearly loaded another round on one already in the breech - hate to think what might ignite. I usually remove the round in the chamber after taking the mag out then test fire into a safe place . Stay safe and shoot straight. Cheers 

4 hours ago, Richiew said:

Good job I’ve got some WR mags . Standard tikka on the left .F516D44E-D65C-43E8-9DA6-0AB97E5A80BA.thumb.jpeg.a5abf0cd6b6fbb9a01551c4112190b8d.jpeg

Sorry to but in, but I have the same rifle, barrel length & twist, so I also have issues getting them to work at the lengths in a standard mg.

What is the magazine you are using - WR? and where did you get one?

How much was it, if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers. Paul

Yep that’s the website . Not cheap but very well made . They fit perfectly and allow a longer coal . I’ve got both the 6 and 10 sizes and they are what they claim and work perfect. The standard tikka five rounds mag work best with 4 rounds . T hi e WR MAGS work great with the specified 10 or 6 rounds. Spot on 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, Richiew said:

Yep that’s the website . Not cheap but very well made . They fit perfectly and allow a longer coal . I’ve got both the 6 and 10 sizes and they are what they claim and work perfect. The standard tikka five rounds mag work best with 4 rounds . T hi e WR MAGS work great with the specified 10 or 6 rounds. Spot on 

Do these mags wobble about like the standard T3X mags?