6mm twist rate

lee w 118

Hi there will it be possible to run 108g eldm in a 8T and still shoot the 110 Atip  . Ideally  wanted to run 90 eldx and 110 Atip . I know hornady says 7.5 to 7.7 twist but they will be at 3400 at the muzzle that is Atip the 110g . I want to run with a 1-8 twist .  Is it better to run 108g eldm , and 110Atip or 90eldx And 110g atip . Cheers in advance Lee . I want a dual varmint target spec rifle. Like the sound of 90g eldx @ 3600 , 3700ISH 😁 What twist will I need for each cinario 

108g & 110g atip -?

90g&110 atip-?

Bit of advice needed , cheers Lee

Lee,

What are you shooting to get 3400 mv with 108g - that’s no slouch 🤔

I’m using a 1:7.5 twist in a 6mm Dasher and with 105 Bergers that is a comfortable 2970 but you are ‘way’ past this configuration 

Good luck and I assume you have a spare barrel on hand 😉😂

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2021 at 7:15 AM, terryh said:

Lee,

What are you shooting to get 3400 mv with 108g - that’s no slouch 🤔

I’m using a 1:7.5 twist in a 6mm Dasher and with 105 Bergers that is a comfortable 2970 but you are ‘way’ past this configuration 

Good luck and I assume you have a spare barrel on hand 😉😂

Alright Terry ive been speaking to a gentleman in USA he has 6MM PRC This is what he is getting out of his 6mm boomer with 105g

20210801_130543.jpg

a 1-7.5" is unlikely to stabilise either the A-tip, the 108, and certainly not the 110 sierra.

All these are finicky bullets, and can be a right paint to tune.

I would not fit anything slower than a 1-7" twist if a customer requested use of these bullets.

It will still shoot lighter bullets, though to be honest, a 6.5 PRC will be so overbored, the twist rate is likely to be the least of your problems.

Alright Dave tube is on order , should be here February time. I've gone 7.5 . So we will have to wait and see what it likes . 👍.  I have ordered new bolt face for BAT.mine is 2piece  construction so .540 on 6mm prc not a problem.