New rifle for target work, help me decide.

I have an AX 2013 model. Really like it and the speed adjustments (now thought of as the AT style) I have on the stock which let me set it up just so, very quickly. I also like the forehand tube for non-standard positions.  It is a lifer. I am happy with what I have. However, if I was going to make the decision now I would probably go for the AT-X as you can drop in a competition trigger. The existing trigger is fine for me, but there are better aftermarket triggers out there

Yep that’s the one including my review in the comments below the ad . Expensive but well worth it . Also changed the side plates to make mine a thumb hole AT . And fitted a bt rear monopod . Very happy with the results . Enjoy customising your rifle and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it !!! . Happy days 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:56 PM, Andrew said:

Not on the list, but  close cousin, I bought the Tikka TACA1 in CM. I'm pretty tickled with it though I only use it prone on steel plates.~Andrew

+1 for the TAC A1. Very pleased with mine.

To dip your toe in a Tac A1 or S20 precision. 

the TaC A 1 is very good in all calibres.

I have an S20 precision which I use for the odd deer.  It hasn’t made a trip to the range yet. But shoots well with factory ammo, an ergonomic design fits well and shoots well.

not everyone’s favourite rifle, me included initially but now I am more than happy with it.

In the end I bought a mint AXMC from a gentleman involved heavily with the RMPRA. With a gtac pistol grip conversion. I’m very impressed. I’ve added a 12 o’clock Fortmier over the atlas it came with and couldn’t be more happy.