New AI AT-X rifle and (now) chassis

terryh

Ronin,

The AICS is designed such that you do not need to bond an AI action, you ‘un- glue’  your existing then bolt into the new chassis. 

T

On 5/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, markymark said:

It does sit quite a bit lower compared to standard. Most people who’ve shot it have noticed a positive difference. 

The take home message for most I would imagine would be.... would I sell my existing AI to get an AT-X. No. If I didn’t own one, but wanted one.... would I choose the AT-X over others, quite possibly. 

181CBA99-9A40-42E9-870E-D8DD32D64D21.jpeg

or just add a hammer rail to your AX, that gets your arca as close to the bore line.. its definitely a move in the right direction for AI and definitely better than the chunky arca rails that are being offered as retro fit

image.thumb.png.1cebeaf5df213d39bf5c3d2eca82825c.png

1 hour ago, lapua said:

or just add a hammer rail to your AX, that gets your arca as close to the bore line.. its definitely a move in the right direction for AI and definitely better than the chunky arca rails that are being offered as retro fit

image.thumb.png.1cebeaf5df213d39bf5c3d2eca82825c.png

Unfortunately they won’t ship to the U.K.  

A fairly easy conclusion for me,

I managed to get around 40-50 rounds through the rifle, primarily made up of rapid 10-shot strings (342, 444 and 547 yards) and I managed to print some tidy groups on the steel. I left the range impressed, with a grin on my face.

Effortless performance from a rifle that filled me to the brim with confidence. (a very important quality to me)

Notes: From a tripod with a brake, I was able to spot my hits, however, I would of loved the opportunity to shoot it from some different positions to see how it performed.

Ed

One thing does strike me, the AI product line is now a lot more differentiated. The AW, AE, AT,AX and chassis series were all ‘tactical’ rifles with an AW wooden target stock exception many years ago when the AW was not sold to civilians.

The new AT-X and AX3 seem to fit very different roles. I think this is why we are getting red and blue stock media pictures...... a big push into a dedicated sporting market ( PRS). Possible the civilian market is out-stripping the military/ LEO market at least in the US?

Terry.......IPSC and USPSA have shiny shirts..........PRS is ending up with shiny rifles ;)

On 5/19/2021 at 8:49 PM, Roy W said:

Sporting services are taking pre-orders from today for the complete rifles, circa £4500

AT-X_Specification_Sheet_May_2021.pdf?v=

The weekly spam from Sportmans says RRP £4535.99, they've kindly included the Trade Price too 😂

Anyone who takes issue with trade prices has never run a business. Margins are low as it is, without business rates, gas, electric, salaries, NI, Pensions, stock etc etc

Businesses need a profit margin to survive

5 minutes ago, Roy W said:

Anyone who takes issue with trade prices has never run a business. Margins are low as it is, without business rates, gas, electric, salaries, NI, Pensions, stock etc etc

and when bussineses close the same people moan about them closing ....

4 hours ago, Roy W said:

I can't see anywhere that anyone has 'taken issue' with trade pricing - my 😂 (if that's what you are referring to) was reacting to the fact that they had taken that little care in proof-reading their customer email spam - when they did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago with PARD night vision prices - way to support your retailers...

And you don't need to run a business to realise businesses require a realistic margin in order to be viable, I assume you are in the gun trade when you state margins are low?

@baldie No bother Dave, it wasn't something I was going to post - contrary to the posts above, I've been self-employed for 25 years in several pretty diverse sectors, some with huge margins for very little effort, and others quite the opposite - I have no issue with people trying to make a living...

1 hour ago, markymark said:

Hopefully people are clued up enough if they are going to buy an AI they will buy it from Sporting Services rather than Sportsmans and have actual customer service! 

Not wrong!

• 7 months later...