Zeiss V4 Conquest. No Parallax a Problem?

Arell

Looking into a new 'low light .22lr build' and I'm keen on the Zeiss V4 3-12x56. The only thing stopping me is the lack of parallax adjustment/focus. Every scope I've owned has included this and been useful (at least for longer range / larger calibres).

Simple question: does anybody know the minimum focus distance that these scopes are set to and is this likely to frustrate when mounted onto a .22lr (20 - 100yrds)? 

Many thanks,

Rich

The very closest this scope will have its parallax adjusted for will be 100yds or 100m. So used on your rimfire, there will be marked parallax under say 40yds let alone 20yds

Many thanks for the reply Chis.

With shops opening up here, I'll hopefully be able to get in and see what the effect is at close range.

Any alternative recommendations for .22 compatible / dusk scopes would also be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

if it's any help the new range of Zeiss Conquest V4 go down to 10m or 50m parallax depending what  you order😊

All the models below are available in 10yd parallax including the 4-16x44, 4-16x50 and 6-24x50. These are the 'new' models. Hope that helps.[IMG] (when ordering make sure they check they are sending you the one you want 10yds or 50yds min parallax)

CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 #60
522935-9960-000

CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 #68 -  
522935-9968-000

CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 #60 -  
Ballistic Turret
522935-9960-080

Ballistic Turret
522935-9968-080

CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 #64 -  
Ballistic Turret
522935-9964-080

Ballistic Turret with Locking Windage
522935-9968-090

CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 #64 -  
522935-9964-090

CONQUEST V4 4-16x50 #68  
Ballistic Turret
522945-9968-080

CONQUEST V4 4-16x50 #64  
Ballistic Turret
522945-9964-080

CONQUEST V4 4-16x50 #64  
522945-9964-090

CONQUEST V4 4-16X50 #93  
Ballistic Turret
522945-9993-080

CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 #60 -  
Ballistic Turret
522955-9960-080

CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 #68 -  
522955-9968-090

CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 #89 -  
522955-9989-090

CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 #65 -  
522955-9965-090

17 hours ago, wellhouse said:

if it's any help the new range of Zeiss Conquest V4 go down to 10m or 50m parallax depending what  you order😊

All the models below are available in 10yd parallax including the 4-16x44, 4-16x50 and 6-24x50. These are the 'new' models. Hope that helps.[IMG] (when ordering make sure they check they are sending you the one you want 10yds or 50yds min parallax)

CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 #60 -  
Ballistic Turret
522955-9960-080

That's really useful info wellhouse; sincere thanks.

I'd already started swaying towards the 6-24x50 having read/watched a load of reviews about it's breadth of functionality (as well as liking a bit of excessive magnification for plinking). I'm not a huge fan of complex reticles, so the #60 seems ideal.

I am intrigued by the difference in min. parallax settings though - especially having noticed the variation in what is being advertised online. Any ideas how this is designated? Also, are the scopes you listed all available in either format... if so, any ideas why would that be?

This was the info I received direct from Zeiss as I was interested in the 10m parallax option. There are slightly more options in the 50m parralax versions. It is unhelpful that it is not marked on the box but the easiest way to tell is to look at the the min marking on the parralax wheel - if it says 10 it’s 10m and if 50 it’s 50m. I really like mine. I’ll attach the brochure shortly😀😀

IMG_7726.jpeg

The New Conquest V4 scopes July 20.pdf

Interesting info on the new reticles indicating uses which i found useful. If it lists the reticle as applications 'Target' it generally means the reticle is finer. I am  more target oriented and went the ret 65  zmoai T20 route and it was spot on for me! Some are similar but thicker so be careful when ordering

1 hour ago, Arell said:

That's really useful info wellhouse; sincere thanks.

I'd already started swaying towards the 6-24x50 having read/watched a load of reviews about it's breadth of functionality (as well as liking a bit of excessive magnification for plinking). I'm not a huge fan of complex reticles, so the #60 seems ideal.

I am intrigued by the difference in min. parallax settings though - especially having noticed the variation in what is being advertised online. Any ideas how this is designated? Also, are the scopes you listed all available in either format... if so, any ideas why would that be?

hope the above helps😊😊

1 hour ago, wellhouse said:

The New Conquest V4 scopes July 20.pdf 8.62 MB · 2 downloads

Interesting info on the new reticles indicating uses which i found useful. If it lists the reticle as applications 'Target' it generally means the reticle is finer. I am  more target oriented and went the ret 65  zmoai T20 route and it was spot on for me! Some are similar but thicker so be careful when ordering

Wellhouse, I'm really grateful for your input on this - you've raised a few really good points that I might otherwise have missed.

I'm now swaying towards the ZMOAi-1 reticle (fine enough for targets, but simple enough to be relatively fuss-free). The full illumination coverage might be handy in low-light, which was the original intention for this build. As you say, the #60 is actually quite a bit thicker which might have detracted from finer target shots. Additionally, the MOA increments (1MOA @ x24 power in the spec.) will get used at some point for quick holdover shots (with relative magnification: 2MOA @ 12x power / 4 MOA @ 6x power).

I've written-up my spec. for this and sent it via the Zeiss UK web contact form, so fingers crossed there is a 10m-infinty version for this model.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Arell said:

Wellhouse, I'm really grateful for your input on this - you've raised a few really good points that I might otherwise have missed.

I'm now swaying towards the ZMOAi-1 reticle (fine enough for targets, but simple enough to be relatively fuss-free). The full illumination coverage might be handy in low-light, which was the original intention for this build. As you say, the #60 is actually quite a bit thicker which might have detracted from finer target shots. Additionally, the MOA increments (1MOA @ x24 power in the spec.) will get used at some point for quick holdover shots (with relative magnification: 2MOA @ 12x power / 4 MOA @ 6x power).

I've written-up my spec. for this and sent it via the Zeiss UK web contact form, so fingers crossed there is a 10m-infinty version for this model.

Thanks again!

No problem - soo many options - too many choices, getting it right is always a bit tricky but i hope it all works out. 😊 If you haven't already, it might be worth trying the internet to see if you can find the reticle reviewed on you-tube or one of the other sites to see what it looks like in the 'real' world. When i bought mine i also ordered the Zeiss flip up for the main objective lens (they don't do it for the eyepiece) nice piece of engineering but not cheap!  Sportsman Gun centre had a reasonable choice to look at when i purchased and i eventually got them to send the one i wanted up from Exeter to Dorchester as it was more local. I see you are near Exeter, might be worth a trip over to them to have a look.😀 (Even better than using the internet!)