AICS mags for 6.5x47

I’ve only ever used std 308 AICS mags in my 6.5x47 and have had no issues to date, must be 15 years at least now.

They are pretty tough mags unlike some I’ve seen 

T

3 hours ago, terryh said:

I’ve only ever used std 308 AICS mags in my 6.5x47 and have had no issues to date, must be 15 years at least now.

They are pretty tough mags unlike some I’ve seen 

T

Terry, are those genuine AI mags ?

I’ve been using ARC mags for 6.5 CM and 7-08. Only issues I’ve had are long rounds getting pushed forward and tips dragging on the mag wall. A simple nudge back with a finger and feeding resumes. Sourced from Paddy Dane in the UK.

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/arc-mag-arc-mag-10-round-7-62x51-308-win-8?category=4

17 hours ago, Malxwal said:

Terry, are those genuine AI mags ?

Yes, made from a good steel unlike a lot of others that can flex and lips bend = right old PIA 😧

Couple of my mags must be over 20 years old now and are carry overs from when I shot a 308.

T

16 hours ago, Treedave said:

I’ve been using ARC mags for 6.5 CM and 7-08. Only issues I’ve had are long rounds getting pushed forward and tips dragging on the mag wall. A simple nudge back with a finger and feeding resumes. Sourced from Paddy Dane in the UK.

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/arc-mag-arc-mag-10-round-7-62x51-308-win-8?category=4

Be careful with these mags, my borden alpine feed ramp protruded over the mag edge and the tips got caught. That was in an AICS AX and using tier one bottom metal. Standard AICS with the spacer work 100% fine

On 5/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, lapua said:

Be careful with these mags, my borden alpine feed ramp protruded over the mag edge and the tips got caught. That was in an AICS AX and using tier one bottom metal. Standard AICS with the spacer work 100% fine

Will keep an eye out for it, but no feed ramp issues with my borden mountaineer actions (1 in each cal), one tier one bottom metal and one atlasworx bottom metal. Only the issues mentioned above, which is down to me and a credit to Ronins build quality & attention to detail.