Reload swiss rs60

William Green

Hi all,Im looking for some advice regarding .243 load data for rs60, my rifle is an accuracy international ae mkiii with a 20in barrel, I will be loading for 87gr vmax, I was using h414 but cannot source any now, do any of you have data for 87gr vmax that isn't running on a maximum load?

Regards

William

20210305_220715.jpg

Post cartridge overall length with the V-max and I'll run it through QL for you.

Be warned though, RS60 is a high energy powder and is a bit heavy on barrels..........I moved to RS62 for my 6x47 for this reason.

Pete

I just ran the above load through QL.......I may have missed something, but I'd be VERY nervous about trying to get anywhere near this.

I'm also surprised at the ballistic efficiency. I'd have thought this would be higher. I get 33%+ with my calibres. (6BR, 6.5x47,6x47, 223).

Pete

I2062280805_Dangerousload.thumb.jpg.6a72e1d58aa3711960da7e8cee71bbc9.jpg

This will give a Pmax of 58,026 psi......the design Pmax for this cartridge/bullet/powder combination is 60,191 psi, so this IS a high pressure load, and definitely NOT a safe starting load.

I suggest you get a copy of Quickload and come to your own conclusions, bearing in mind that you have a potential pipe-bomb under your ear when shooting.

https://quickload.co.uk/

Pete