Copper bullets less precise than lead?

ronzi83

In your place I’d be tempted to drop weight to get a shorter bullet, with the fringe benefits of higher speed, better stability and an allowance for the 1/10 barrel twist.

my experience is that 130gr copper is a 30 cal round, with 100-110gr being weights for .264. Assuming there’s some logic involved, 270 will be in between, with some overlap at the lower end.

worth a try?

Edited by Treedave

• 2 weeks later...

I went to load 130 ttsx with RS70 and 62.1 grains. My speed is high 1001ms and i shoot 1 pig 51kg and 12kg and i must say it works. Now i am waiting for my cnc machine to been deliver to me and will made my own hunting copper bullets. Fingers cross

Greg

• 4 months later...

I'm running 130ttsx in my 308W with N530 (as I use it for my 20 cal) - Viht list N130/133/530/135/140 for 130gr TSX; about 3000fps, 100m group size is comfortably half MOA. My barrel is a standard slow twist, 1:11 or 1:12.

I have worked with Barnes Bullets in 5 barrels all were cleaned to bare steel from the start. All shot very well none worse than 5 shot group at 100yds being .75 inch. Most were better. If nothing else is amiss and results with the same load vary

perhaps consider the nut behind the bolt. I would love to say all my shots are perfectly directed as desired but no, error happens.😀