Rant - Bisley Cease fire- Minutes Silence

FB66

Was shooting at Bisley at weekended and the ceasefire hooter goes for the 3pm minutes silence. 

Cease fire siren sounded. Firing could be heard from Short Siberia + Clays. There were also two shots that appeared to come from Stix too. May have been the pilbright 

Century you could hear a pin drop. There were shots I could hear shots even before the all clear hooter from Short Siberia.

Regardless of your thoughts on Price Phillip

Piss poor safety 

14 hours ago, FB66 said:

Was shooting at Bisley at weekended and the ceasefire hooter goes for the 3pm minutes silence. 

Cease fire siren sounded. Firing could be heard from Short Siberia + Clays. There were also two shots that appeared to come from Stix too. May have been the pilbright 

Century you could hear a pin drop. There were shots I could hear shots even before the all clear hooter from Short Siberia.

Piss poor safety 

To be fair, the clays don't have to stop for the hooter

Cease fire is cease fire. There were notices up about the minute silence at 15.00 the F Class lads in competition stopped. Just because the shotguns don't have to stop for the 12.30 hooter doesn't mean they don't ever have to. Year before last they didn't stop for remembrance. It's disrespectful.

15 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

Cease fire is cease fire. There were notices up about the minute silence at 15.00 the F Class lads in competition stopped. Just because the shotguns don't have to stop for the 12.30 hooter doesn't mean they don't ever have to. Year before last they didn't stop for remembrance. It's disrespectful.

Are you sure the NRA was organised enough to put up notices about the cease fire in the clays bit? You don't register at the same office for the clays as you do for the rifle shooting.

ATB,

Scrummy

On 4/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, FB66 said:

Was shooting at Bisley at weekended and the ceasefire hooter goes for the 3pm minutes silence. Cease fire siren sounded. Firing could be heard from Short Siberia + Clays. There were also two shots that appeared to come from Stix too. May have been the pilbright 

Piss poor safety 

Has anyone, who was outraged, spoken to the NRA about this, or are you relying on an Internet forum to prevent a reoccurrence?

Much easier to address concerns at the time

1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

Are you sure the NRA was organised enough to put up notices about the cease fire in the clays bit? You don't register at the same office for the clays as you do for the rifle shooting.

ATB,

Scrummy

Scrumbag that's a good point. I don't have anything to do with the shotgun side for obvious reasons. All the same you would think that the NRA would put notices up there too.

9 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

RoyW I'm not convinced the NRA would care. 

They won't appear to if nobody complains, they won't necessarily think anyone was outraged! 

Respect is a personal thing, it can't be forced out of someone. if somebody forgets, shoots through, didn't know, or chose not to then that's for them to reconcile. 

3 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Out of curiosity why can the clay shooting go ahead after the siren anyway..

I was in the f class shoot and found It strange there was still shots going off during the 2 minute silence 🤔 

Clays don't have to stop for the hooter and it is set up so that I think all the shot should land away from anyone.

18 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

Scrumbag that's a good point. I don't have anything to do with the shotgun side for obvious reasons. All the same you would think that the NRA would put notices up there too.

You have a lot of faith in the joined up thinking of the NRA my friend ;)

24 minutes ago, Roy W said:

They won't appear to if nobody complains, they won't necessarily think anyone was outraged! 

Respect is a personal thing, it can't be forced out of someone. if somebody forgets, shoots through, didn't know, or chose not to then that's for them to reconcile. 

Whatever you thought of Prince Philip, remembrance is pretty well known. There was firing through that silence too.

No I deer I was at F Class shoot on 600 yd

Roy W - Should have put in original rant -  I  did point it out to the Range Safety guy in the buggy you see all the time and at the window.  "Okay thanks" was response

Its totally unfair to blame the NRA, they did publicise the minute silence, and it was only a minute. It was also on the National news that there would be a national minutes silence, many times, so you had to be a bit isolated to not expect the NRA to respect it by stopping shooting. 

Regardless of the reason, the hooter went twice, if any one was unaware of the reason, then they should have thought it was a safety issue, and stopped any way!

Its not the NRA who were at fault, its near enough impossible for them to find who the offenders were afterwards. The individual RO's (non NRA) would have known who shot, and they should have stepped in when people shot, they may have done, and I hope they did, and the person(s) were spoken to.  The clays were the main ones who broke it,  it sounded like one stand, but there were also rifle shots as well, I was on Century and it sounded as if it was from the far end, Range 19 ish, but it could have been Siberia.

OK this one was for respect, but its still a big safety issue,  that is a concern, that we shoot with people who don't understand the signals, or worse, ignore them!

Have Fun

Robin