S&b 12x50x56 pm11 1st focal

blaser308

Have an option to buy a used s&b 12x50x56 for F Class with the Fine P4 moa Ret with 1/8 clicks  however scope is in 1st focal plane  i understand the preference for 2nd fp scopes for f class however with the fine P4 ret i doubt it will obscure the target for long range 800-1200y shooting even with 1st focal plane is there any other f class shooters shooting this scope with fine p4 in 1st focal plane ifso could you share your opinions with this scope and ret in 1st focal verses 2nd focal plane could you give any cons pros shooting f class with this scope in 1st focal plane Thanks.

I have a second focal plane S&B 12-50x56 PM II with P4 fine reticule on my AI AT and I can JUST make the light gun weight for benchrest. It is a heavy scope, but I do like it, very clear. However, at high magnification you may obscure the V bull since it is FFP, may be best if you could try it first.

I shoot at Diggle range and I don't recall (not saying that means no one is using them) seeing any F class shooters using  S&B scopes or first focal plane scopes.

1 minute ago, geek said:

I have a second focal plane S&B 12-50x56 PM II with P4 fine reticule on my AI AT and I can JUST make the light gun weight for benchrest. It is a heavy scope, but I do like it, very clear. However, at high magnification you may obscure the V bull since it is FFP, may be best if you could try it first.

I shoot at Diggle range and I don't recall (not saying that means no one is using them) seeing any F class shooters using  S&B scopes or first focal plane scopes.

Thanks Geek for reply.