Bisley Small Bore Long Range Match

Hi Folks,

Daft but fun event at Bisley shooting .22lr at 200 and 300yds?

Event details: https://online.nra.org.uk/sblr21

Come-ups are here.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx0aGVsb25ncmFuZ2VyaW1maXJlY2x1YnxneDo2Yjg3YjFmMmUxNjhhN2E

I'm entering it with my little Brno .22. Not likely to trouble the leader board but it's a good giggle. Not too serious, friendly bunch.

If you're coming, drop me a line.

Scrummy

1 minute ago, Charlts said:

It looks like good fun, but I hate single loading my 22lr as it's such a pita. Be interesting to see what kind of groups are recorded

What have you got?

I bought a little single shot adapter for my Brno. Quite helpful for a few things I've found.

Scrummy

3 minutes ago, Dellboy said:

like the sound of that   my Anshutz could be coming out of the closet ....

ive got a surplus single shot cz in the box here  if anyone wants one

Hi Dellboy,

Let me know if you are going be fun to say hello.

Also, if you could "spare" a CZ Adapter, that would be great but obviously first dibs to those who don't have one already.

Scrummy

9 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

Hi Dellboy,

Let me know if you are going be fun to say hello.

Also, if you could "spare" a CZ Adapter, that would be great but obviously first dibs to those who don't have one already.

Scrummy

havent got an adaptor but got a complete cadet single shot rifle

1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

What have you got?

I bought a little single shot adapter for my Brno. Quite helpful for a few things I've found.

Scrummy

I've got a wee Lithgow LA101, will have a look at the single shot adapters, should be something easy to 3d print for example.

4 minutes ago, Charlts said:

I've got a wee Lithgow LA101, will have a look at the single shot adapters, should be something easy to 3d print for example.

To be honest, I know some people who just pop the mag out the bottom of the rifle and and put one in for each shot...

20 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

To be honest, I know some people who just pop the mag out the bottom of the rifle and and put one in for each shot...

I can't think of a worse way to spend a morning than doing that for an entire detail.

47 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

Is it so difficult...? Well, suit yourself.

Small ammo, small spaces, large hands, it's an ordeal. As above I'll look for a single shot adapter, shouldn't be a problem as it sounds like a fun competition.

Indeed, Looking at this comp as a bit of a enjoyable challenge.

The rules say 'single shot' but not a hurried COF so only a bit of a 'faff'. a single shot adapter would make it into a drop in and close bot operation

I contacted one of the organisers who was very helpful but also in their response made it clear that he considered repeaters as dangerous, which I had trouble digesting, but their house their rules.

Waiting on a bolt rifle at present and will have a go when it arrives.

30 minutes ago, terryh said:

Indeed, Looking at this comp as a bit of a enjoyable challenge.

The rules say 'single shot' but not a hurried COF so only a bit of a 'faff'. a single shot adapter would make it into a drop in and close bot operation

I contacted one of the organisers who was very helpful but also in their response made it clear that he considered repeaters as dangerous, which I had trouble digesting, but their house their rules.

Waiting on a bolt rifle at present and will have a go when it arrives.

Hmmmm, not sure on this.

Depends who the organiser was. I've seen people shoot this event with semi-auto 22s and bolt actions.

Most ROs won't have a problem with it, just understand what they want in terms of clearing the rifle.

This usually means removing the magazine and having a flag to stop the bolt going forward.

It's all going to be a bit odd with proximity and Covid restrictions anyway.

But please, if you have a semi auto and want to shoot it, please do.

Scrummy

26 minutes ago, Scrumbag said:

Hmmmm, not sure on this.

Depends who the organiser was. I've seen people shoot this event with semi-auto 22s and bolt actions.

Most ROs won't have a problem with it, just understand what they want in terms of clearing the rifle.

This usually means removing the magazine and having a flag to stop the bolt going forward.

It's all going to be a bit odd with proximity and Covid restrictions anyway.

But please, if you have a semi auto and want to shoot it, please do.

Scrummy

The response  was from the LRRFC not the NRA. 
Not an issue, I’ll wait for the new bolt gun and shoot the F-Class next opportunity. 
My semi 22rf is AR based, really good barrel and accurate but probably not’the done thing 🤔😂

2 hours ago, terryh said:

The response  was from the LRRFC not the NRA. 
Not an issue, I’ll wait for the new bolt gun and shoot the F-Class next opportunity. 
My semi 22rf is AR based, really good barrel and accurate but probably not’the done thing 🤔😂

CSR is becoming popular at Bisley. Even got the PRL coming in the Autumn. That's not even shooting from lying down! We might be making actually progress with the stuff shirt brigade!

Scrum

Any new thinking by the NRA will be welcome as it is meant to be the national shooting centre 

Think CSR’s been going a good while and the PRL thing is a private arrangement with a commercial enterprise - my hope is it results in ‘props’ being usable on the line, but who knows?

13 minutes ago, terryh said:

Scrum

Any new thinking by the NRA will be welcome as it is meant to be the national shooting centre 

Think CSR’s been going a good while and the PRL thing is a private arrangement with a commercial enterprise - my hope is it results in ‘props’ being usable on the line, but who knows?

Let's hope so my friend. Took CSR a while to get a foot hold but seems to be going strong now.

9 hours ago, AHPP said:

I'd have come down for that but I'm afraid I lost all enthusiasm when I read the coronabollocks policy. Likewise if CSR is going to be the same buggerabout.

It's not quite as onerous as you might think. I shot some MR under same conditions in September and it's workable.

Scrummy

• 4 weeks later...