Eskdalemuir range

Just after a shooters perspective/comments on the Eskdalemuir range run by Gardner Guns in Carlisle.

I usually shoot at Diggle (benchrest/f class/fun shoots) and just fancy a try at longer ranges (when things get back to normal) than 1000yds with my .284 Win f class rifle for a bit of fun,  and just after some info.    Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

my mate's underselling it - Eskdalemuir is bloomin'  fantastic !!

Would you care to elaborate!

A few basic questions for you.

Does the firing point/points have benches or is it all lying down.  

Once you get set up can you see all of the targets and fire from one point only.  

Can you see bullet splash on all longer range targets mantlet areas if you are off slightly.

Cheers

1 hour ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

Would you care to elaborate!

A few basic questions for you.

Does the firing point/points have benches or is it all lying down.    BOTH, you choose.  Indoors or out doors on nice days 

Once you get set up can you see all of the targets and fire from one point only.    YES

Can you see bullet splash on all longer range targets mantlet areas if you are off slightly.  YES in that there's back stops to hit, if you're well off then NO.  the 1000yd is especially good in that respect.  1 mile also.  2 mile  - well, never got there....

Cheers   You're welcome

6 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

Cheers Bonny Lad for the info which is very helpful.

Just looking at various types of adjustable scope mounts as I will only be able to get out to 1200 yards using my existing set up.

Might have found one from Oz which looks ok to get me out to at least Durham lol.

Les

4 hours ago, Akeld said:

Theres supposed to be something similar starting north of Alnwick, not sure if its started yet though

Not yet, there was a Zoom presentation a week ago and I sent an email after that but have heard nothing back. The presentation was videod but the link to it on Dropbox is no longer active. We’ve been told it’ll be back soon but nothing more than that.

The photo uploaded shows the costs. Silver is the minimum level you have to join on.

F4A0D576-FED5-4D93-9556-B706852BA135.png