Sako 85 info please

Richiew

Hi all 

Anyone got a .223 sako 85 varmint laminate stainless with 20” barrel . I’m wanting to know the length of barrel in front of the stock regarding how big a wildcat moderator can be fitted . Otherwise it’s go for a 24” barrelled tikka tac or super varmint with KRG or MDT chassis ?? . Thanks in advance .

Next line of thought regarding tikka 223 super varmint . Could anyone measure theirs to see how much free space for a moderator in front of the stock . Thanks 

ps any moderator recommendations that fit said rifle s 

On 2/18/2021 at 6:41 PM, Richiew said:

Next line of thought regarding tikka 223 super varmint . Could anyone measure theirs to see how much free space for a moderator in front of the stock .

Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .223:

12⅜" from tip of forend to (screwcut) muzzle crown.

maximus otter

7 hours ago, Richiew said:

Tikka varmint 20” barrel in stainless

Thing of beauty.

l load 52 grain Berger HPs, 20 thou off the lands, over - IIRC - 24.6 grains of Vihtavuori N133. 

3350 fps and ¼ MOA groups off the bench.

maximus otter

Thanks very much for the load info  . Got some N135 so was going to try that once I’ve got some loading gear . Full length resize or neck only ????. With 308 I’m only doing bushing bump and neck with forster dies . 
cheers 

2 hours ago, Richiew said:

Thanks very much for the load info  . Got some N135 so was going to try that once I’ve got some loading gear . Full length resize or neck only ????. With 308 I’m only doing bushing bump and neck with forster dies . 
cheers 

FL resizing.

Lapua brass; CCI BR4 primers.

maximus otter

• 6 months later...

Buy a sako you will never regret it !! Iv always had semi custom sako 75/85 and they just do every thing every thing else does better yes full custom rifles are very nice and amazingly built but some times the tight tolerances can cause sticky gritty bolts ect

8DB4ACA9-FBF1-451C-BA06-430C40F3C796.jpeg

C3D33D1E-6591-4BDF-89C2-3DAAD58CE02A.jpeg

217EE4AB-C464-4E46-BC21-7D3A8504DE66.jpeg