FCSA have the rights (whatever they may be) and are 'developing' the site.  I'm sure covid has not helped progress.  There's still some open issues according to the original range developers and operators - Gardners Guns.

FCSA have posted no information on their website for months - apparently there's a Farsebook group reporting progress.

33 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

on their website for months - apparently there's a Farsebook group reporting progress.

Last update I saw was on NYE, looked like heavy snow then so imagine its been a bit of a struggle!

14 minutes ago, John MH said:

Only ever shot there once, looked like a great site.

It was pretty good when Gardners ran it so it could be again.   The new range in Eskdalemuir village is even better.  It's just a very long day for me to drive there shoot and drive home - on the road at 3:45 latest to get to the range for 07:30 ~ 08:00.  There's always the possibility of an overnight stay, wallet allowing.

What makes it good though is the ambiance;  Gardners run a friendly and cheerful range.

1 hour ago, Popsbengo said:

It was pretty good when Gardners ran it so it could be again.   The new range in Eskdalemuir village is even better.  It's just a very long day for me to drive there shoot and drive home - on the road at 3:45 latest to get to the range for 07:30 ~ 08:00.  There's always the possibility of an overnight stay, wallet allowing.

What makes it good though is the ambiance;  Gardners run a friendly and cheerful range.

Concur, only made it up there once so far, overnight is the only option, but nice facility friendly atmosphere and was a very mixed bag of folks.

Covered points for some of it and good potential - 'really' good potential for run and gun with 22rf's

Should the World ever bloody open again will make the effort to go back

Ive joined Gardners this year for the first time, and by my reckoning to get there by 7:30AM  I'll need to leave at Midnight!  So a list of good Local B&B's would be wellcome.

PS: If you think thats stupid, I also fish the Rivers Ness and Nairn in the Autumn for Salmon, so the Borders are almost local.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, buddy.223 said:

I hear theres going to be opposition from the retreat centre up there, as there will be 3 ranges within earshot.

Hear from where?  Also, three ranges?