Squeeze bag

quiteman

The TAB rear bags are nice, very good filler material that ‘locks up’ , sensible straps, no Chinese materials and hand made in US

Not sure who holds them these days, March Scopes or Sporting Services?

There are now some good UK makes but never used myself so cannot vouch for filling etc, others might have comments.

27 minutes ago, terryh said:

The TAB rear bags are nice, very good filler material that ‘locks up’ , sensible straps, no Chinese materials and hand made in US

Not sure who holds them these days, March Scopes or Sporting Services?

There are now some good UK makes but never used myself so cannot vouch for filling etc, others might have comments.

two old socks with walnut media in a plastic bag.  Made in UK

7 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

two old socks with walnut media in a plastic bag.  Made in UK

Interesting, but if I may, would like to put an alternative view ( I know that’s not a la mode , but who cares 😂)

Eventually anything organic gets wet, hard to dry and eventually rots, plastic bag might mitigate for a while.

Could I humbly suggest giving a squeeze bag with a good filling media a try, once you do you will see the difference? This is why people who make these items commercially  or use them (not just in a hobby environment )  make an effort and sort what is the best design.

Cannot argue that and old sock with a Tesco bag of used tumbling media would do though, but after spending a lot of effort In reloading and each time you squeeze the trigger (& bag) costs upwards of a £ a go then sorting a good rear bag seems , to me, small change.

I would also observe that I’ve not seen many ( any) successful F-class, BR or PRL competitors using a sock - so they are either buying into gear of have found what is best.

Brgds

NB must disclose an ‘interest’, though no financial gain, in that Tony Burkes is a friend so I have reasonable understanding of how his products evolved and who uses them and who has had input into thier design. But equally I would not recommend a product that I do not buy or use myself - even if it was from a friend.