Vortex Razor gen III 1-10 FFP

DaveT

Despite huge lead times for UK availability I have one on order for an AR15.

Taking a flyer as I would not normally buy without handling one first.

Anyone had hands-on and could say one way or the other if it lives up to the hype?

It will mainly be used sub 400 yards but I do shoot this gun at 600 with 77g SMKs very satisfactorily.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

It's been a long time since you asked about this Vortex and I'm wondering whether you eventually bought it?

I bought mine few days ago and shot just once on the distances from 10 to 100m. I can say it is very good quality, solid, bright, easy to use at short distance (when you shoot at different angles, to sides, front, etc and move the rifle fast it works as eotech or even better), 10x magnification and quality of the lenses allow you to see .223 shot holes from 100m on white paper. 

I have been always using red dot or eotech with 3x magnification so I'm not an expert in riflescopes but I find it really good. Expensive though.

I zero my scope at 50m so at the distance of 100m I have to aim a bit lower thus I wish there were mil dots above the center dot , not only below. You can use the center, highlighted quasi-circle around center highlighted dot for that but it is not as precise as dot. That's the only drawback I noticed at the moment.

Cheers!

Still waiting but thank you for your input.👍