Thermal

Rammer223

Been saving hard for a while now but every time get close something else seems to come up ,car house etc etc , now was thinking about axion key possible s , as I can’t justify two grand for occasional use , but a friend is upgrading from hd50s and offered it to me , I have no idea how this older unit would compare to axion or what sort of money I should be considering to pay for the hd, your thoughts please thanks in advance lee 

I still use one which is about 5 years old now, i can detect and id anything i need to with it. No silly recording or Bluetooth etc. I wont change until it dies, no need to. Not sure of sh value, perhaps look st completed listings on ebay 

I wouldn't worry too much about comparing it to new stuff. Yes, things have improved but not to any earth shatteringly incredible degree. The HD50S will do what you want, the only real advantage of one of the cheaper new ones is a 3 year warranty. However the failure rate of Pulsar spotters I would guess is very low, they suffer from stuck shutters which can be DIY'd or fixed by TJs for a couple of hundred quid from recollection but apart from that you dont hear much about them falling over. Like a lot of electronic stuff, if it doesnt sh*t itself in its early days, chances are it will keep going for a long time.

Price...bit tricky, old thermal holds its value well, would probably sell for £500+ still in 5 minutes.