Anschutz match 64 MPR stock

Looking for some help here for my father. 

He has an Anschutz match 64 MPR and loves it and it shoots amazingly well. 

The only thing he isn't happy with is the stock. So has been looking for a replacement. 

So far the only thing he can see is a boyds stock that has the inlet to suit his rifle alas it doesn't seem to be available over here, looks to be the same issue with a MDT chassis that seems to be no longer making them to suit. 

Maybe someone knows somewhere that can get these in, or does anyone know if there is anything else available to suit. 

The rifle is used for target use only. 

Thanks all

1 hour ago, Leeman said:

Colin,

it's not a big deal to open the channel up with sandpaper and the right sized dowel.

Think maybe a bit much to remove?

It states 0.86" to 0.68" tapered, so would need to open up the whole channel to around 0.95" to suit the MPR barrel. 

Forget that. I'm pretty sure the stock could take a fair bit of removal after seeing the dimensions 

Colin,

It doesn't take much effort with the right grade to get the channel wider, you just need to seal the wood with something like danish oil or tru-oil when satisfied.  I've used sockets of various diameter and just last week opened one up a bit with a used cylinder from a paslode gas gun, matched the barrel perfectly.

1 hour ago, Leeman said:

Colin,

It doesn't take much effort with the right grade to get the channel wider, you just need to seal the wood with something like danish oil or tru-oil when satisfied.  I've used sockets of various diameter and just last week opened one up a bit with a used cylinder from a paslode gas gun, matched the barrel perfectly.

Yea were going to order the Boyds Pro Varmint stock and open it up. 

Dad has a milling machine in the garage so we will just use a 20mm ballnose cutter and then finish using the sandpaper. 

The old man has stock oil there that we will use once finished to size. 

Colin,

Well, even easier on the mill!

Just need something to protect the finish on the stock, I've used a vice and top clamp's bolted to the milling bed, I'm always a bit paranoid about damaging the surface finish!

• 11 months later...

I have a 1416 Annie , the only decent aftermarket stock chassis I can find is made by McCree Precision 

https://shop.mcreesprecision.net/G10-Competition-Stock-Anschutz-64-G10-COMP-AN64.htm

Not sure how to get one in the UK however 

As I'm sure you have found aftermarket accessories for the Anschutz is generally limited