Labradar

gazzarM1

3 hours ago, John MH said:

Labradar to fiddly and missed too many shots.

Thanks for the reply John - wasted shots are a massive no-no for load testing  - what calibres did you use with it?

did you use the recoil trigger?

incidentally, when I tried to buy a Labradar off MK machining  at same time as the mount (based on cost given transport was a flat fee) the guy I spoke to said:

a, can’t sell to Europe, he did not know why but this thread has enlightened me on the power levels and EU rules

b, not to bother as the magnetospeed work better

2 hours ago, Artiglio said:

If you go the Labradar route , then a recoil trigger is nigh on a must, not missed a shot since i started using one and alignement is much less critical.

+1 on that, makes all the difference.  You still need good alignment to 'see' the bullet down range but it's way more usable.

Wanted to share the following in case useful for Magnetospeed users with MKmount - I have a 30” barrel on my AI AXMC and use the brake ‘ mod set up so I need at least 2 of the rods to put the bayonet in the right place

A 3 steel rod “string” from MK machining weight 1.4kg!

I bought a 1m tube made of 3k carbon fibre from amazon - 15.7mm OD to match the 5/8” rods from MK. It weighs nothing, a few grams and seems to deflect less given it is not sagging under its own weight

I have a UK Lab, never had any issues missing shots apart from with the 17H, 20cal or larger no problem. Not missed a 17H shot since using one of the recoil triggers available.