Wanted - 20 Vartarg FL Die (Hornady)

SJC

As titled, I’m looking for a Hornady (ideally) full length resizing die in new or used condition (if used it must be usable). I have a Redding S type but is not sizing all of the neck down from the .221 brass and this is preventing the cartridge from being chambered.

Kind regards

18 hours ago, SJC said:

As titled, I’m looking for a Hornady (ideally) full length resizing die in new or used condition (if used it must be usable). I have a Redding S type but is not sizing all of the neck down from the .221 brass and this is preventing the cartridge from being chambered.

Kind regards

May sound like a stupid question, but is your Redding Type S a bushing F/L die? If so, do you have the right sized bushing insert in there to size the neck down properly?

Hi Catch -22

Im a great believer in there being no such thing as a stupid question. 

Yes, the die is a FL die and I believe the bushing to be correct as the case appears to chamber to a point. I believe the issue occurs where only 70% of the neck is sized so the lower part of the neck remains at .224 cal diameter. It would however appear that you can over cam (?) the die and this appears to potentially have solved the issue. I just need to check the case in the chamber. 

thanks for the comments, they are appreciated.