ammo factory

took hours to upload to photobuck and paint/make safe

BRASS

starts as flat sheet, discs are punched out, formed into cups, drawn out to case length, neck/shoulder is formed,trimmed and anealed on the round anealing table

BULLETS

same as brass but copper, discs stamped out, cupped etc until bullet is pointed and open backed

bullet core is drawn from drums of lead rope and formed into bullet shape then pushed into it copper jacket then machine closes over the back end

tried to put in some sort of order but got lost and there are more pics to come, I know I got the buggers somewhere

2006_060313-9-20050124.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050123.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050122.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050121.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050120.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050118.jpg

2006_060313-9-20050117.jpg

NOW nige you know I dont really drink much but I have a habbit of being pissed at the right time

you should have seen me when I went to a famous world leading police forensics and ballistics laboratory.... talk about weeble

WOW the confiscated toys we played with hhhhmm

sorry guys we werent allowed camera's, though a friend of ours, a civi, he just walks straight in the building with his cz 9mm tucked under his shirt hhhhaaaaa

Guest 308Panther

"WOW the confiscated toys we played with hhhhmm"

Ok...No cameras...I can understand this...But how about a few tantalizing descriptions of the toys....Just so we ain hangin in suspense......Please??? :lol:

That musta taken ya half the night to paint and post....

There is one pic I have a question about...Its the one of the sheet metal tray and there are 10(?)

pieces in it...are these the copper jackets of actual bullets in the stages of being shaped?

100DS-PICT0292_PICT0292.jpg

308Panther

yes they are the different stages of forming the jacket

the one by itself is the bullet shaped lead core that gets inserted

I have pictures of the toy room at the government building and will post these but all the tech stuff like labs etc.....we dont have pics for obvious reasons

there is a firing range where there are hundreds of tiny camera lenses hidden in the right hand wall

these take thousands of pictures and the computer cand play these back in slow motion to show what happens when the bullet leaves the gun and what happens in flight and what happens on impact etc

they can pull up every bit of information on me and you regarding guns kept, have had, any offences committed, dentle records, dna etc etc

they have a civi that works on contract for them that gets asked to develope rounds that will beat any armour given to them for test.......he never fails

we seen a door that was from an armourd vehicle that he had shot :lol: I wouldnt want to be on the inside

Guest rogern

Brilliant pics, I would pay heavily to go and watch that lot.

1 question, the guy sitting (blacked out face) what is he/she doing? picture No 2.

Regards

Silent,

one day you're gonna be run over by a lawn mower!

I like the annealing merry go round,

generally some of those machines look like

they need to be replaced.

Stopping one armour piercing round is no problem,

stopping the second one on the same spot or area is

a real problem.

To stop tungsten carbide needle type bullets with a lightweight

arrangement one setup is to have a layer of a very hard material

like hardened steel or ceramic that breaks the tungsten bullet. Then

the Kevlar underneath catches the blunt leftovers. The hard layer

is damaged on one spot and couldn't hold a second round.

Thanks for the pictures, very interesting.

edi

How come you have spent time in his bedroom?????? My wife is now very worried that I should not take you lamping in future unless someone else goes with me :lol::lol:

ejg223 you obviously have not met or seen the man, there ain't one day about it pard he got hit across the head with a lawn mower some time ago :lol::lol::P

Archived