Wicked Lights Rekon Pig Saddle Tripod System

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used these, I'm currently running an MDT chassis with an Arca rail section and I'm wondering if this would be a good tripod to look at, the hog clamp would possibly be useful for some of my other rifles if required.

The rifle weighs over 22lbs so its by no means light and hence it limits the options with regards to tripods.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Ben

Was using a manfrotto tripod with other clamps for yrs then about a yr ago bought the Rekon, very happy with it for static locations, tripods gives you hands free so you can scan with NV or binos while leaving rifle on the tripod, they are pretty solid and robust, they do me very well.

https://www.scottcountry.co.uk/tactical-equipment/shooting-tripod-systems/shadowtech-pig-rifle-tripod-system-ball-mount-and-/ very happy with this as I prefer alloy to carbon fibre .Holds an accuracy international at 308 easily . Pig saddle is all steel and I have one on both the shadowtech and a primos tripod . Steels heavier but very robust . Both tripods used regular for night shooting as can leave the rifle set up while scanning with a thermal . 
Have a great day cheers 

• 3 months later...