Bisley closed again.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:09 PM, Re-Pete said:

Triffid +1...........I don't have a bubble, and the argument that one shouldn't take any risks because they may have to rely on someone else if things go tits-up is frankly, risible............

Are you really suggesting that people shouldn't climb, dive, fly, bunjee jump, paraglide, ride horses, or even ride a bicycle, in case the unexpected happens and someone else has to take responsibility??

Get real.......

Pete

Plus one for the above from Pete 

Not going out because some thing unexpected might happen is  quite simply ridiculous if we all live our lives like that  life wouldn't become worth living.My 85 years old father sum it up when I asked him if he was positive he wanted to still go Phesant shooting this season. If I can't go what's there to live for and if I die during a drive keep shooting. There's a man that lives to shoot and was  absolutely in earnest and means it !

No one has mentioned the NRA's duty of care for their staff  and visitors.  It's necessary to weigh in the balance the business case for opening and the risk to staff and others.

Some people being disappointed at not being able to shoot verses potential for serious health issues for one or more.

It's a difficult situation.

Well Im off there (NCSC) tomorrow for a bit of OT practice, I have cartridges and enough credit on my membership card, meaning I wont actually have to talk to anyone. 

Martin (in tier 4) 

3 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

No one has mentioned the NRA's duty of care for their staff  and visitors.  It's necessary to weigh in the balance the business case for opening and the risk to staff and others.

Some people being disappointed at not being able to shoot verses potential for serious health issues for one or more.

It's a difficult situation.

Take it from me there's not a lot of evidence that Bisley cares. From the dead earwigs in the hand gel (for weeks) to the social distancing notices in the bins in the butts, you would think the pandemic was over! I went to speak to a member of staff. I was the only one wearing a mask.

It's more like what Roy W said, it's a business decision due to lack of cutomers.

I've managed to shoot throughout the inter-lockdown period without getting anywhere near members of NRA staff.

The online booking system & electronic targets have made this very easy, and long may it continue.

Pete

1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

I've managed to shoot throughout the inter-lockdown period without getting anywhere near members of NRA staff.

The online booking system & electronic targets have made this very easy, and long may it continue.

Pete

Same here Pete. Zero contact and a smooth operation. Easily quantified within the NRA’s risk assessments as an employer, low risk concern so long as the mitigation measures remain.

Information, instruction and supervision. Can’t comment on their application of these principles but as for all this Tier nonsense, turn off the TV and radio, don’t read the papers and would you know a pandemic was even there?

1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

Pete

Amen to that!

What I'd really like to know is that if I drive from a tier 4 zone into an adjacent tier 4 zone to a legally open venue, according to the govt. website ie Bisley, will I be breaking the law?........................anyone??

Any police officers out there?

Pete

We all know what "should not" means,  not means NOT!  There are also various references to travel being kept local, and  definitions of what reasons  travel is permitted, and a day out at Bisley is not among them.

Common sense guys,  Bisley will still be there when this virus is controled.

Merry Xmas and lets hope for a better new year.

Robin