Teslong borescope

I’ve always thought of a bore scope as being a nice to have thing but not essential. I’m too tight to pay for a Hawk-eye so I took notice when the likes of Erik Cortina started using a Teslong borescope. It cost about £120 including postage - well worth it considering you get a 4.5” display that you can record photos ( SD card), also usb / mini usb cable connections for pc or mobile (so video possible) 3 lens sets  that go up from 22 cal. Bottom line is it works and works very well. Model is ntg 450 with memory flex cable. The cost of the display is worth it to me ( I think this is about half the cost of the unit but available without it). The unit seems  very well made but obviously a ‘best China’ product.

Uses, obviously seeing barrel condition / throat wear  but more important for me is seeing how effective my cleaning methods are. Of the barrels that I have looked through I am not surprised that my Krieger 338 is the best but the AI 308 border barrel is not far behind. The cz pistol barrels by comparison look like crap - showing  much more copper build up and tooling marks.

9BE2C9CC-88E8-4BD8-9894-FC0AC46E0636.jpeg.4a70ac63557a2eaa7fb96ebd833006fa.jpegE1D78022-F72F-43EA-82E6-885686ABED5B.jpeg.febcb9ff6b3c77e010571724194a5ebd.jpeg