hand / bench primer tools

Dellboy

27 minutes ago, Dellboy said:

Whats the best easiest tool for 223 308 calibres  tried an old lee one  not that impressed .

Any thoughts ?

RCBS bench primer.  Very easy to use with bags of feel.  Got mine off eBay otherwise they are a bit expensive

RCBS hand primer. Try mine when you are over Derek. They are not expensive but easy and fast to use. Changing primer size is easy enough and they use standard shell holders.

Tried the k&m crap with meter - single priming did my head in - does same job as RCBS but less efficiently.

+1 for the RCBS bench automatic priming tool.

Lee have announced an new ACP (Automatic Case Primer) press for 2021 with automatic case feed. Looks similar in design to their APP press. Part no 91610

https://www.leeprecision.net/gallery/picture.php?/1438

Always like the Lee kit, some folks poo-poo it because it's not expensive - more fool them 😉

I've never used or owned a bench mounted primer system, have always gone for hand primers, the first being the Lee Autoprime, some of which I still use.

I do like though the C21 tools combined with their primer pocket uniformer.

Just feels 'right' to get everything the same, no practical evidence for this, but some times that does not matter.

1713694221_primertools.thumb.jpg.c37ab95f505daa94d1d47457511f9522.jpg

Their multi primer tool  uses a holder off a Lee tool but allows seating depth to be adjusted. Think they have stopped making this one last time I asked.

T

19 hours ago, ds1 said:

RCBS hand primer. Try mine when you are over Derek. They are not expensive but easy and fast to use. Changing primer size is easy enough and they use standard shell holders.

Tried the k&m crap with meter - single priming did my head in - does same job as RCBS but less efficiently.

the square one with the universal sprung holder ?

Was it blue? - if so different bit of kit ( Dillon rf100 collator - auto primer sorter for Dillon 1050 / Mark 7).

The RCBS hand prime is like the Lee hand prime but the RCBS uses standard shell holders - big plus and is a bit less crappy. 

The c21 kit Terry posted a picture of above looks excellent - I would go with the one with the primer feed  tray.

1 hour ago, ds1 said:

Was it blue? - if so different bit of kit ( Dillon rf100 collator - auto primer sorter for Dillon 1050 / Mark 7).

The RCBS hand prime is like the Lee hand prime but the RCBS uses standard shell holders - big plus and is a bit less crappy. 

The c21 kit Terry posted a picture of above looks excellent - I would go with the one with the primer feed  tray.

https://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d14_RCBS_Reloading_priming_tools.html

Not that one - ( don’t think I like that universal holder). I have the basic one:

https://www.rcbs.com/priming/hand-held/hand-priming-tool/16-90200.html

though I would hope that there’s something of better quality available these days. My wish list would be stainless construction ( not pot metal), uses standard shell holders and has a primer feed system (tray type). 

• 4 weeks later...