Stock Inletting

Does anyone have any direct experience of having a "flat top" stock inlet for an action not normally offered as an off the shelf option?

Looking to base a rifle build around a left hand heym sr40 action. As part of this would I like to replace the stock. Have sourced a boyd pro varmint in walnut, currently uninlet. Although as an alternative, believe GRS also supply stocks uninlet, and maybe mcmillan also.

I understand HPS will inlet a stock on this basis, and also been pointed in Brian Fox's direction.

Anyone else out there doing this, and any indication of the cost for the basic inlet, as would probably be having it pillar bedded in addition. I believe HPS around £200 mark, but that may be an agreement with Form Rifle Stocks for work on their stuff

I've not got the skills or inclination to attempt this myself, so looking for someone with the right kit and experience to take it on.

Cheers

£200 sounds like a bargain, I was at a well know smiths a couple of years ago who had just inlet a blank GRS (I think) for an Anschutz...pretty sure he said it was going to cost the bloke a shed load more than 200 notes!

No direct experience, but I have seen some superb stock inletting work done by Neil McKillop. I recall him saying that he always prefers to do his own inletting, as this means that everything will be perfect.

I believe that laminate stocks with blank inlets can be obtained from Joe West, Form Rifle Stocks and Wood2Stock.