Interesting article about posting pictures on social media

geek

26 minutes ago, dave thorniley said:

so i cant show my mate on whattsapp a pic of my  new rifle? dave

WhatsApp isn't social media - not unless you use a group.  Farcebook for example is publishing to a large and uncontrolled audience potentially.  In the 'case' quoted in the article it would seem that someone took offence and by definition isn't a 'mate' (one would hope?).

I would like to know what the exact reasons were for 'demanding' pictures be removed.  I feel there's more to this than is reported.  I quote: "I suspect the publicly stated reason behind this will be something along the lines..."  shows that the author actually doesn't know the context and is spinning up a story.  So much so normal for that blogsite.

Righteous indignation again without much in the way of factual information.   Was this a pose with a dead animal, was it just a back-garden picture of Gucci kit,  was it some knobhead with a human pictured as a target (as has been reported)?   I'm not setting up any judgement here, just asking for context.  

Clearly just having pictures of firearms and shooting isn't an issue,  no-one has suggested taking down a club website have they?

Guesswork not needed, no extras thrown in,it is indeed what is described .

I am in possession of the facts as I come under the same regime and  have had a similar experience albeit being told about what is permissible to put onto social media rather than having the big brother treatment.personally

1 minute ago, gazzarM1 said:

Guesswork not needed, no extras thrown in,it is indeed what is described .

I am in possession of the facts as I come under the same regime and  have had a similar experience albeit being told about what is permissible to put onto social media rather than having the big brother treatment.personally

please expand if you have additional information so we can all understand and if necessary be ready to defend our rights

Not wanting to discuss this on the forum .I was merely replying to people trying to disbelieve/trash the argument. It is real ...it has happened and and the matter is currently being dealt with elsewhere.So absolutely no need to lay things bare currently

6 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

Not wanting to discuss this on the forum .I was merely replying to people trying to disbelieve/trash the argument. It is real ...it has happened and and the matter is currently being dealt with elsewhere.So absolutely no need to lay things bare currently

Oh come on!  If it's true and factual why not explain?  You don't need to use real names etc.  Do you know the facts or are you reacting with your gut feelings to someone not ready to fall into line with 'group-think' ?

Why would someone post an article that's high on rhetoric and low to vanishingly low on factual information unless they want to discuss this on the forum?

Axioms for any story:   Who is telling me,  why are they telling me,  what's their agenda,  and lastly what are they telling me?

OK, so we can disregard your posts then.  A bit pointless really.  It's ok to have a blog-site get all lathered up and indignant but lets not bother with facts and context - way too 'fake news'.  I'll just take your word for it shall I?

A report on a website claiming to represent shooters but doesn't have any facts to share, supported by whispers - but hey, let's not have any 'gossip'  that would be so bad.

I only made my initial comment because knowing a fair bit about this particular topic I felt it would put a stop to the keyboard warriors salivating over the bones of it ,being the unfortunate situation it is

I reiterate I will make no further comment and no further goading will change my stance

17 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

I only made my initial comment because knowing a fair bit about this particular topic I felt it would put a stop to the keyboard warriors salivating over the bones of it ,being the unfortunate situation it is

I reiterate I will make no further comment and no further goading will change my stance

That's alright then.  I'm mopping up my saliva and laying down my arms (the keyboard).

Same area and as you well and the same happened to me about 4 years ago..it's getting worse now.
I put a picture up of a OLD axe I was restoring, on my workbench, next to toe tools i was using, no threatening context.
Next day , phone call from my FEO who wanted to see me as a so called 'Friend' saw it and felt threatened, and reported it, as I was flagged as FAC they acted saying basically I shouldn't post ANY pictures that could upset anyone, so that included and Guns/Shooting/or other 'weapons' on my public profile...
I told them to 'Foxtrot Oscar'
Two FEO's turned up, I had the Gun Club Secretary present as my witness, the whole thing was pathetic and very worrying..
My profile is locked down to friends only now, but I still post Pics to my own and shooting pages. Plus regular purges of friends who don't share my view (which is rather sad).
This IS happening and more frequently, there IS anti-shooting agenda in most force areas, I have friends and family in the Police up to DCS level and they have all stated as such, off the record obviously, they cannot target the criminals successfully, so legal shooters are the next best thing!
The strangest thing is most rank and file cops are NOT anti-shooting but this is pushed down from Senior Level.
Heads of Firearms in both my local areas are anti-gun and anti shooting (good qualifications for the job in hand)
Which shows and is proven by the current discussion document on Licensing changes.
Not a single law passed in the the last 40 years has had the slightest impact on Criminal Firearm usage, to suggest any different is a Lie. Thus to apply OCCAM'S Razor, any FURTHER restrictions on LAW abiding shooters can only be construed to remove as many firearms from private ownership as possible, using more and more rules to either BAN or make compliance as difficult as possible.
Of course there is a agenda and has been for decades. 
Facilitated by the powers that be and enabled by our complete lack of response as we are scared stiff of forming a Gun LObby, which IMHO is exactly what is required.
The main Associations won't co-operate with each other and will happily sacrifice nay of their competitors to save their own, sadly so will a LOT of shooters.
Our days are numbered, of that I am absolutely sure, unless to a MAN we all say STOP.
And based on the posts here, that isn't going to happen. 

Dave

5 minutes ago, Viperteks said:

Same area and as you well and the same happened to me about 4 years ago..it's getting worse now.
I put a picture up of a OLD axe I was restoring, on my workbench, next to toe tools i was using, no threatening context.
Next day , phone call from my FEO who wanted to see me as a so called 'Friend' saw it and felt threatened, and reported it, as I was flagged as FAC they acted saying basically I shouldn't post ANY pictures that could upset anyone, so that included and Guns/Shooting/or other 'weapons' on my public profile...
I told them to 'Foxtrot Oscar'
Two FEO's turned up, I had the Gun Club Secretary present as my witness, the whole thing was pathetic and very worrying..
My profile is locked down to friends only now, but I still post Pics to my own and shooting pages. Plus regular purges of friends who don't share my view (which is rather sad).
This IS happening and more frequently, there IS anti-shooting agenda in most force areas, I have friends and family in the Police up to DCS level and they have all stated as such, off the record obviously, they cannot target the criminals successfully, so legal shooters are the next best thing!
The strangest thing is most rank and file cops are NOT anti-shooting but this is pushed down from Senior Level.
Heads of Firearms in both my local areas are anti-gun and anti shooting (good qualifications for the job in hand)
Which shows and is proven by the current discussion document on Licensing changes.
Not a single law passed in the the last 40 years has had the slightest impact on Criminal Firearm usage, to suggest any different is a Lie. Thus to apply OCCAM'S Razor, any FURTHER restrictions on LAW abiding shooters can only be construed to remove as many firearms from private ownership as possible, using more and more rules to either BAN or make compliance as difficult as possible.
Of course there is a agenda and has been for decades. 
Facilitated by the powers that be and enabled by our complete lack of response as we are scared stiff of forming a Gun LObby, which IMHO is exactly what is required.
The main Associations won't co-operate with each other and will happily sacrifice nay of their competitors to save their own, sadly so will a LOT of shooters.
Our days are numbered, of that I am absolutely sure, unless to a MAN we all say STOP.
And based on the posts here, that isn't going to happen. 

Dave

OK Dave,  when you have some concrete proposals perhaps you could share them?  What's your action plan?

8 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

OK Dave,  when you have some concrete proposals perhaps you could share them?  What's your action plan?

The simplest and most concrete is a 'Gun Lobby', where EVERYONE from EVERY discipline signs up to to it, no insurance, no gimmicks just a cheap sign up (maybe £10/pa) and we lobby and single issue vote as required, Basically what our NRA was before it Sold Out.
People will say we don't want it it will be just like the American NRA, well that's a good thing.. they Have 4 Million members, yet there are over 100 million shooters, we I would guess need a minimum of 100,000 out of some 600,000 shooters which is just under 20%.
If the GCN can do damage with about 10 members , maybe we can stop the rot as a lobby!

Dave

3 minutes ago, Viperteks said:

The simplest and most concrete is a 'Gun Lobby', where EVERYONE from EVERY discipline signs up to to it, no insurance, no gimmicks just a cheap sign up (maybe £10/pa) and we lobby and single issue vote as required, Basically what our NRA was before it Sold Out.
People will say we don't want it it will be just like the American NRA, well that's a good thing.. they Have 4 Million members, yet there are over 100 million shooters, we I would guess need a minimum of 100,000 out of some 600,000 shooters which is just under 20%.
If the GCN can do damage with about 10 members , maybe we can stop the rot as a lobby!

Dave

so are you waiting for someone else to organise this or are you taking it on?

Just now, Popsbengo said:

so are you waiting for someone else to organise this or are you taking it on?

l'll happily start it, but I need Help and suggestions to build a Road Map..

But it will not be until the New Year, a couple of Business's to run and a house move on the cards, and COVID LOL

Dave

Dave

• 1 year later...

I completely agree that WhatsApp is not a platform where you can share photos. Even with the creation of a group with users, it is not possible. At least because photos cannot be rated, you can no longer do promotion. Also, your photos do not get into recommendations because they do not exist. So if you desire to share photos and maybe become an Influencer, then Instagram is the best place to do that. For that, you may need https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-likes/. Personally, for me, it has been a significant boost in developing my profile. What are your thoughts on it?