UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
T3_tinker

Magnetospeed mk machining gen1 mount

1 hour ago, Jeffo1960 said:

Is there anyone selling these in the UK 

Nope, but it’s easy ordering direct from MK’s website. 

I have sent them an email but have not replied, is there import taxes on it, and do you know how easy is it to fit, on a laminated grs, stock, and a form stock, as the other rifles have chassis. 

9 hours ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I have sent them an email but have not replied, is there import taxes on it, and do you know how easy is it to fit, on a laminated grs, stock, and a form stock, as the other rifles have chassis. 

I can’t comment on your stock other than if you have a picatinny rail then the MK mount simply clamps on with little torx screws.

If you order anything from abroad, you will of course need to pay import duty and VAT. That has nothing to do with MK and you’ll get billed by the courier or Royal Mail once it’s ready to be delivered to your door.

5 minutes ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I know I'll have to pay vat, but no idea, on how much the import tax will be 

Duty could be up to 3% the VAT on top is another 20%  applied after the 3% Duty is charged (VAT & DUTY are charged on both the item and shipping costs) and the you'll have to pay the handling fee which is around £8.00 for routine delivery but if its expedited they charge £11.00 but you won't get it any quicker.

Jeffo,

As a guess 3.2% import duty (using tariff code of 930520) whic would be put onto the cost of the item & shipping, then you stick Vat onto all of this.

T

Just go to their website and order it, cheapest shipping will be £54.18, total for Gen III mount will be $219.99 with shipping. Thats then in GBPs £166.04 +  £5.31 (3.2% Duty) + £34.27 (VAT) + £8.00 (Post Office Handling Fee) = £213.62

Yes, both Gen 1 and Gen 3, don't get a Gen 1 and if you get a Gen 3 then just order it without the 'Rod' you can get a suitable rod or tube off eBay in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I am about to bite the bullet so to speak and buy one, my concern is does it move due to recoil on a. 308, as can't find many ytube videos, thanks in advance 

I use it on my 6.5x47, 30-06 and .338NM and it’s fine. The picatinny mount doesn’t move. The only bit that you may need to keep an eye on is the clamp which holds the bayonet rod in place. Given it’s a smooth rod, it can come a bit loose under recoil. Not always but can. I’ve found it’s handy to take a torx screwdriver set to the range (always have one anyway) and periodically torque those screws up a bit to stop it shifting.

5 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

I use it on my 6.5x47, 30-06 and .338NM and it’s fine. The picatinny mount doesn’t move. The only bit that you may need to keep an eye on is the clamp which holds the bayonet rod in place. Given it’s a smooth rod, it can come a bit loose under recoil. Not always but can. I’ve found it’s handy to take a torx screwdriver set to the range (always have one anyway) and periodically torque those screws up a bit to stop it shifting.

Just remember the bayonet clamp is plastic, don't over torque it. Mines never moved under recoil on either 6XC or 33XC.

Sorry, didn’t mean the clamp on the actual plastic housing. I used the wrong word there.

I meant the clamp that interfaces the picatinny clamp with the guide rod. Photos attached.

Ive found it has loosened a bit on one or two occasions. But a quick nip up and fine again.

5499D68C-C047-458E-85C3-A3D5A540056C.jpeg

9C8FAC32-72DA-472C-BC88-1EC71E62CD24.jpeg

On 11/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, John MH said:

Yes, both Gen 1 and Gen 3, don't get a Gen 1 and if you get a Gen 3 then just order it without the 'Rod' you can get a suitable rod or tube off eBay in the UK.

Is the rod aluminium alloy or stainless steel?

I ordered just the clamp from MK machine and got both a SS Rod and later a SS Tube from eBay, 12mm dia I think.