.22 rimfire barrel tuner

21 hours ago, No i deer said:

I do have a torqueleader wrench now so I could check it..

Any I deer what CZ recommend for their torque setting on the action screws..?

I doubt they would specify a value.  Anschutz used to supply a bent allen wrench with the target rifles which gave way when the 'correct' torque was applied to the action screws.   I'd start at 3.5nm and go up in .5nm increments.  Wouldn't go past 6nm.   Would be interested to hear the results.  I remember an article possibly in target sports years ago where one of the top Match/TR shooters experimented with torgue settings on a full bore rifle but to me you've got enough with charge weight/seating depth/neck tension to play with which you don't on a rimfire.   I've never tried it on centrefires, just snug upto 6nm and leave them there.

I tried the torqueleader torque driver on 40 inch lbs to see if it would tighten the screws which it did a just little..!!

I then undone them and had the stock off.

Wiped it around with a silicone cloth and torqued them up to 35 inch lbs which seemed quite tight..  applying 40 inch lbs and the flat headed screw head would easily chew off the edge of the slot if I slipped. 35 inch lbs felt more than enough..