ATEC PRS 2 Moderator

lee w 118

All i did is get the rifle level first, there is a threaded collar and a what i can explain is a locking collar , the double threaded collar screws on to your rifle and you then adjust the locking collar to level the brake end up? . This is the first time of had a Atec, so i thought it was pretty straight  forward one you get you head round it 😁. Next time im out i will throw it on me .22 Dasher and post my findings 👍

I popped it on my 6XC Lee, and put 5 rounds through it. Its a 6.5 cal mod.

The gun is a heavy rifle and shoots like a rimfire with my own brake onboard.

The moderator is not useable without hearing protection, and the brake is doing nothing. The gun recoiled an awful lot more than with my own brake.

I have an insert for the mod, for my AI rifles, so will certainly give it a go on the calibre it was meant for, i've paid for it after all.

After 5 rounds the heat haze from it rendered the gun unusable, so it definately needs a heat shield of some sort, and a quality one. I would guess it would have to be custom made, as the mods sections are short.

Wished i'd waited for the PRS 3 as the 2 isn't big enough to suppress anything much more than .223.

A beautifully made piece of kit though.

Cheers for your thoughts  Dave . The above video he is shooting the 6.5 , so that helps I guess. I will have a bang with it on me Dasher😁 .Then try it on me PRC . I won't be shooting  long strings so heat haze shouldn't be a problem.  👍