Vortex Warranty Work - Who's needed it?

brown dog

If, for the sake of argument, doing minimal QC means you can knock out £900 scopes for £40 in some polluted valley, you can afford to replace each one five times and still be in profit..10 times and still break even; .and if you have worked out the average replacement rate is, say, 1.2, it's a workable high-profit business model.

I've got 2 Gen 1 PSTs, both have been reliable In many years of 4 seasons usage with utterly repeatable tracking (mainly CSR, so lots of dialling) and satisfactory optical quality.

I have a Gen 2 Crossfire which has so far been fine on a 308Win.

MRad reticle monocular has been fine.

I have a Diamondback Tactical on 22LR, no problems. 

I bought a secondhand Strike Eagle 1-6x and it was blurred beyond about 60yds: it was replaced by return of post with a brand new one, which hasn't left the box (after checking it all worked.)

I haven't owned a "high end" vortex, so can't comment on them.

37 minutes ago, Bangbangman said:

I've got 2 Gen 1 PSTs, both have been reliable In many years of 4 seasons usage with utterly repeatable tracking (mainly CSR, so lots of dialling) and satisfactory optical quality.

I have a Gen 2 Crossfire which has so far been fine on a 308Win.

MRad reticle monocular has been fine.

I have a Diamondback Tactical on 22LR, no problems. 

I bought a secondhand Strike Eagle 1-6x and it was blurred beyond about 60yds: it was replaced by return of post with a brand new one, which hasn't left the box (after checking it all worked.)

I haven't owned a "high end" vortex, so can't comment on them.

Genuine question: Who does the return of post turnaround on a s/h vortex in UK?

I have a 1st Gen Viper PST, 2nd Gen Razor 1-6x24 and 2nd Gen Razor 4.5-27x56. Never had any problems with any of them, the Razors in particular have been robust in my experience. 

I also have a VMX-3 magnifier that I bought second hand. Needed a few spares for the mount and Vortex sorted them out for me quickly and free of charge.

Optically I’m very happy with everything, and I love the peace of mind knowing that if a scope gets destroyed I’ll get a replacement free of charge.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, brown dog said:

Genuine question: Who does the return of post turnaround on a s/h vortex in UK?

Helpful chap called Chris at Country Sports Wholesale Ltd

Tel: ‪01462 743223