Australian International Arms

Dellboy

A few years ago I had an AIA No4 in 7.62x51.

It was a really nice gun and really very accurate. Worked well feeding from all  3x of the M14 20 round box mags.

Ive never had a go with the 7.62x39 version though. Are those the No5 Jungle Carbine version? I have no doubt the gun is well made  but you’ll need to determine if it feeds those 7.62x39 rounds reliably from the mag. And if it a No5, it may not be the most accurate anyway as jungle carbines never really were imo.

I’ve used a shooting colleagues 7.62x39 rifle (the M10-A1) a few times and found it a fabulous bit of kit feeding without fault from AK mags. Highwood classic arms has one for sale at the moment that I’m lusting after but without the funds to feed the lust!

There were some concerns when first released about the quality of the timber used as I recall, but I think this was due to owners failure to ensure screws were adequately tightened after shipping.

I have a No.5 that I shoot regularly and find it no worse than a No.4 in terms of accuracy. The wandering zero theory I believe had been debunked and any accuracy issues are probably more to do with shorter sight radius, an increase in felt recoil and poor maintenance. I searched a long time for my No.5 and discovered that there is a lot of rough examples out that have had a hard life in military and civilian hands, this in no small way contributes to their reputation as being the poorer relation in the “No.4” family.

2 hours ago, SMLE said:

I’ve used a shooting colleagues 7.62x39 rifle (the M10-A1) a few times and found it a fabulous bit of kit feeding without fault from AK mags. Highwood classic arms has one for sale at the moment that I’m lusting after but without the funds to feed the lust!

There were some concerns when first released about the quality of the timber used as I recall, but I think this was due to owners failure to ensure screws were adequately tightened after shipping.

I have a No.5 that I shoot regularly and find it no worse than a No.4 in terms of accuracy. The wandering zero theory I believe had been debunked and any accuracy issues are probably more to do with shorter sight radius, an increase in felt recoil and poor maintenance. I searched a long time for my No.5 and discovered that there is a lot of rough examples out that have had a hard life in military and civilian hands, this in no small way contributes to their reputation as being the poorer relation in the “No.4” family.

any idea of the price

• 1 year later...