.22lr semi advice

JEP

So i've got an old cz452 cut down to 12.5" shoots great for a truck gun happily doing pound coins at 50m with eley subs without too much effort. Maybe 1 1/4" ish at 100m.

But i've got an itch for a semi for plinking, practise and rabbits.

I'm going to be disapointed by anything less accurate than the cz and i want it to fire subs

So i had decided on a rimfire magic with the 12.5" VQ barrel and ideally s/h. Just cos you here great reviews about them.

However is there anthing else than would tick the above boxes. I dont mind an AR type thing but i do want to keep it short.

Thanks

John

If you can find a Thompson R55 they are all steel and shot very well. Think the latest offerings are just a 10/22 by a different name.

Nothing wrong with a 10/22 - had a few and built the last one I owned, do shoot and you can do most work on them yourself which is fun. but they are a bit 'pubic' there days 😉

T

Most semi rf rifles are inertia actions and most if not all will struggle to cycle subsonic unless you tune them specifically. 
once you are aware of that then there is a whole host of semis that will give you fun. Just keep looking til you find one that is the right money and floats your boat. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...