AR15-Specific sling advice

Advice sought as I have never used a sling in earnest and want to get off of my belly and bipod for a new experience.

So....  I want to be able to 'patrol carry' when not in actual use as well as use the sling for positional shooting support.

I am aware of 1,2,3 point slings but struggling to really appreciate pros and cons....... plus availability in the UK.

All nuggets of wisdom gratefully received.

I use a Turner sling set up as a one point sling with a hook on the end attached to the rifle so it clips on and off easily. I use this for CSR, I can unclip the sling when moving positions i.e. During rundown stages.

The Turner 1907-style sling is a great sling for CSR and single point use. It's not as easy to get into as some of the more tacticool slings but it works and with practice it will give the stablest of positions possible at the time.

It will require practice, as any sling will, and there are many ways to wear/use it. I find it is not so easy to adjust whilst wearing so getting it right before any match is a must. It is very repeatable in how it works you just have to be familiar with it. I will only adjust it if the sling stretches (leather will over time), but I have tried the all-weather biothane ones and didn't like the feel of them so went back to the leather. I have 4 in use and one waiting in the wings 'just in case', the CSR and my precision rifle use the QD stud attachment and my two highpower rifles have the large hook. Either works well.