UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Lozza17

9mm straight pull options?

Hi all, what are our options for section one 9mm rifles now the lever release rifles have been or are being banned? In particular straight pull carbines for gallery rifle. What is available now and what is coming soon?

Thanks

Interested in the answers to this myself....

5 minutes ago, gazzarM1 said:

Interested in the answers to this myself....

I thought a few people on here would be. I would love an AK in straight pull 9mm personally. 

You could probably get Baldie to make you one, but it would be for fun as the lever guys would be at an advantage if any speed was involved?

If they perform anything like the LR version not too impressed in the accuracy 🙁

I know of ONE lever action Marlin in 9mm - but it cost several ££££ to have made & imported & the makers say it is the only one they will ever produce due to the complications of making it 100% relaible with a caseless round

Personally always liked the look of the Armalon PC9 bolt action models

2 minutes ago, MarinePMI said:

I don't follow UK laws closely; when did they start outlawing straight pull AR's?

They haven't, yet.

It was the trigger release designs and lever release designs (based around an interupted semi-auto operating system) which have been outlawed

Thanks for the replies. A couple of interesting options there. I think I will get in touch with Baldie and seek his opinion.

38 minutes ago, saddler said:

I know of ONE lever action Marlin in 9mm - but it cost several ££££ to have made & imported & the makers say it is the only one they will ever produce due to the complications of making it 100% relaible with a caseless round

Personally always liked the look of the Armalon PC9 bolt action models

I have an Armalon PC9, bought way back when with pistol compensation money. It’s a quality bit of kit, which I shall never sell. But I am not sure if Peter is still making them.

In terms of AR15 pattern carbines, I see that Calibre Innovations is advertising a 9mm straight pull.

Southern Gun Company made a LA 9 ( lever action) ar15 9mm that was hinged grip cocking. Nice bit of kit. Therefore technically like any other lever action. This was prior to their LR ( leaver release) AR’s.

51 minutes ago, ds1 said:

Southern Gun Company made a LA 9 ( lever action) ar15 9mm that was hinged grip cocking. Nice bit of kit. Therefore technically like any other lever action. This was prior to their LR ( leaver release) AR’s.

Forgot about that also being in 9mm
Club member has one in .30-M1 Carbine cal - it can be grip cocked or operated as a straight pull

Wasnt Nick who took on Bradley's empire playing with 9mm ?

Thanks for these. There seems to be a few potential options then. I would be interested to see the new Lantac 9mm straight pull. Although still dreaming of a 9mm Straight pull AK

2 hours ago, Lozza17 said:

Thanks for these. There seems to be a few potential options then. I would be interested to see the new Lantac 9mm straight pull. Although still dreaming of a 9mm Straight pull AK

patience of a saint lol