Bisley ELR Rifle.

2 hours ago, meles meles said:

So, a civilian who has in a former incarnation completed the 'sniper progression of training' is good to go then?

There are probably as many of them in the 'civvy' shooting world as there are 'second men on the balcony'..........................

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, Webley said:

Being over the HME limit at Bisley means you have to jump through extra hoops to shoot. Anything over 4500J or 3319ft lb is classed as high muzzle energy there. Over 7000J is banned. You have to zero before you shoot, each day you shoot, while under the supervision of a HME qualified RCO. The Butt marker needs to be made aware that you are using something with HME so they wear extra PPE due to the splash.

Matt

Some butt markers already wear PPE then again some wear none at all.....

• 7 months later...

My understanding (I might be wrong ...but )

The origins of the Shooters Safety card and HME zeroing etc for MoD ranges dates back to the introduction of the L115 .338 AI rifle to the army when some muppet put a round over the bank into Lightwater.. like I said possibly just jungle telegraph 

Alan

3 hours ago, 20series said:

My understanding (I might be wrong ...but )

The origins of the Shooters Safety card and HME zeroing etc for MoD ranges dates back to the introduction of the L115 .338 AI rifle to the army when some muppet put a round over the bank into Lightwater.. like I said possibly just jungle telegraph 

Alan

I heard that as well but I also heard it was a 7.62 round.

Lots of rumours running about.

• 2 months later...

Well covid has slowed the process down a little but ive now rationalized my rifle collection, and I've got a HME course/talk booked with an NRA instructor on the 11 september. Once thats out of the way I'll put in for a variation. Im still undecided about calibre, 300 winmag, 300PRC, etc.. but one question I'd like to ask is do you think it will be OK mounting a magnum action in a bedded laminate stock?  Ive got a GRS hybrid for my 6.5cm and I get on well with that,  plus as an old bloke from a game shooting background I much prefer the look of "wood" over "tactical" rifles.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:38 PM, Roy W said:

There are probably as many of them in the 'civvy' shooting world as there are 'second men on the balcony'..........................

Very good quote.