223 target plinker

Mr.C

I have a need for a 223 for fun (read accurate) target shooting. I've sort of decided on a Tikka Super Varmint in 1:8.

Should I be looking at anything else in this price range? 

Thanks

Mr.C,

Tikka's always seem to work out of the box.

Howa's in my local club in 223 are good and folks at my old club rate Bergara. CZ's perhaps?

Really you need to try and get to shoot what you fancy 1st if at all possible, see if the stock feels right.

11 hours ago, terryh said:

Mr.C,

Tikka's always seem to work out of the box.

Howa's in my local club in 223 are good and folks at my old club rate Bergara. CZ's perhaps?

Really you need to try and get to shoot what you fancy 1st if at all possible, see if the stock feels right.

Sound advice

Hi, Tikka are sound - my Varmint T3x in 12 inch twist is more accurate than I am. I use it on crows to 300 yards with 53gr Vmax

Attached  a gong shot yesterday at 305 yards(according to my laser range finder)

M in sunny monmouthshire

shot_1600323177858.jpg

New TikkaT3x sv on it's way. I handled a non adjustable one last week and as Mrs C offered to buy me a new rifle, we'll what's a chap supposed to do? Just in time for the change in the weather at Bisley on Thursday. 

Thanks for the pointer but Im hopefully sorted. 

Sorted and still grinning. A tad breezy last Thursday but getting good results with both 55 and 69's at 300 and the heavier bullet worked well at 500. 

Even stayed dri(ish) 😁