Introduction to- Active Self Protection

gunner

A chap by the name of John Correia , he uploads footage of different attacks / muggings / even murders - daily . On youtub - its worth a look and subscribe to its free and there's a lesson to be taught for everyone, there are some now coming from the uk . It really shows there's real evil on this planet. That people just Will do harm to you or others even if you comply . Its really worth a look so it may help you be more alert. To see different senario etc . It wont happen but this is the 1 reason id have a conceal carry if it were possible. To protect you / loved ones and innocent bystander  - it wont happen tho . But take a look trust me :)

lol yup real nice :lol:

His videos are interesting

be sure that that which promotes growth and vigour can happen to you where ever you are and at whatever time of day the perp fancies it-and guess what-it happens really , really fast

read up on how far you can go when defending-you will be surprised

21 hours ago, gunner said:

A chap by the name of John Correia , he uploads footage of different attacks / muggings / even murders - daily . On youtub - its worth a look and subscribe to its free and there's a lesson to be taught for everyone, there are some now coming from the uk . It really shows there's real evil on this planet. That people just Will do harm to you or others even if you comply . Its really worth a look so it may help you be more alert. To see different senario etc . It wont happen but this is the 1 reason id have a conceal carry if it were possible. To protect you / loved ones and innocent bystander  - it wont happen tho . But take a look trust me :)

The chances of a law abiding citizen going about their business and getting set upon is vanishingly small unless you live in one of our sink-estates.   It's always good to be able to defend oneself but the reality is unless you practice regularly it's likely you'll be overcome and take a kicking.   The worry about being mugged is more anxiety inducing than the actual fact.

We live in a law-abiding country, look at the real stats,  they're quite reassuring.

1 hour ago, Popsbengo said:

The chances of a law abiding citizen going about their business and getting set upon is vanishingly small unless you live in one of our sink-estates.   It's always good to be able to defend oneself but the reality is unless you practice regularly it's likely you'll be overcome and take a kicking.   The worry about being mugged is more anxiety inducing than the actual fact.

We live in a law-abiding country, look at the real stats,  they're quite reassuring.

I wonder if you live in this country sometimes 🤔 Take a look at your major cities 

Theres a war coming and it's not going to be pretty 🙁

Gluv🇬🇧

50 minutes ago, Gluv said:

I wonder if you live in this country sometimes 🤔 Take a look at your major cities 

Theres a war coming and it's not going to be pretty 🙁

Gluv🇬🇧

utter tosh,  stop watching Youtube nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

utter tosh,  stop watching Youtube nonsense.

Come back to me in five years , if we can still speak freely on the internet ( which we can't now ) and we will see who was right 😐

Gluv🇬🇧

Agree,  major citys are definitely more dangerous places to be targeted by phone thieves / pick pockets / knife crime / robbed / vehicle stolen from your person by gangs etc  . but even quiet little towns - s£lt happens sometimes, it wont hurt to be more educated on the matter 

16 hours ago, Gluv said:

Come back to me in five years , if we can still speak freely on the internet ( which we can't now ) and we will see who was right 😐

Gluv🇬🇧

It's a deal but I suspect I couldn't convince you to take a £50 note off me 😉

22 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Did have this opinion until my son was violently attacked, no provocation. UK has highest rate of rape sexual assault in Europe. No interest (or ability) to control violent destructive protests, hum. are we living in the same country? 🤨

But concur, to a degree, depends where you live, so long as its happening elsewhere I suppose its OK?

Agree re defending yourself, I'm not big enough or good enough to do anything bar be on the receiving end. 😒

6 minutes ago, terryh said:

Did have this opinion until my son was violently attacked, no provocation. UK has highest rate of rape sexual assault in Europe. No interest (or ability) to control violent destructive protests, hum. are we living in the same country? 🤨

But concur, to a degree, depends where you live, so long as its happening elsewhere I suppose its OK?

Agree re defending yourself, I'm not big enough or good enough to do anything bar be on the receiving end. 😒

Sorry to hear about your lad.    

We actually live in a very peaceful country but with some hot-spots of serious concern.  I live in a city with it's fair share of problems - mostly to do with drugs and depravation - it's not unsafe generally and it's pretty easy to avoid those areas and times when it is unsafe.  My point was that 'tooling up' and learning some self defence moves is highly unlikely to make a jot of difference - apart from making matters worse.  Best avoid and de-escalate.

The original OP was suggesting "concealed carry" was a good idea.  Complete rubbish,  homicides would skyrocket.  Just think of all those nasty violent minded people we're to be scared of, all packing a gun,  madness on steroids.  I think there's plenty of chaps on here that have seen real action,  a bet most would be highly skeptical of Joe Public managing to defend themselves when set upon by a thug

By the way,  I think your statement "as its happening elsewhere I suppose its OK"   by others (including by implication, me) is just silly and unworthy. Only a callous fool would think that.

Never does anybody Any harm to be aware and maybe practice some self defence discipline.However first principles apply here ....meaning avoidance  should be your initial approach.....descalation not often a viable option....example how do you tell a drunken lout to stop hitting you for no reason?Tell him to stop hitting you again?

To get yourself out of a situation sometimes all that is needed is to do just enough to escape. An earlier poster stated that when  it comes it comes fast and in that kind of situation you will do well to get out unscathed.

We live in an age where society is getting more and more lawless daily ....to believe differently is folly.

PbG

You have been too long engineering and taking things literally (not everything is to 3 decimals points 😂) - you must open up and understand this is only the internet i.e not real, and also when someone’s is being ‘flippant’ - FYI (and yours alone) I did not mean that violence was OK so long as it’s NIMBY.

Also agree, the thought of ‘having’ to think you need to be tooled up is silly in the UK. But in saying that have been elsewhere in the world where I wish I could have been but unable to be, predominantly some locations in Africa. It’s all relative.

11 minutes ago, terryh said:

PbG

You have been too long engineering and taking things literally (not everything is to 3 decimals points 😂) - you must open up and understand this is only the internet i.e not real, and also when someone’s is being ‘flippant’ - FYI (and yours alone)

Hummm,    and here was I thinking this was a sensible forum with experienced adults exchanging intelligent views😉

2 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Sorry to hear about your lad.    

We actually live in a very peaceful country but with some hot-spots of serious concern.  I live in a city with it's fair share of problems - mostly to do with drugs and depravation - it's not unsafe generally and it's pretty easy to avoid those areas and times when it is unsafe.  My point was that 'tooling up' and learning some self defence moves is highly unlikely to make a jot of difference - apart from making matters worse.  Best avoid and de-escalate.

The original OP was suggesting "concealed carry" was a good idea.  Complete rubbish,  homicides would skyrocket.  Just think of all those nasty violent minded people we're to be scared of, all packing a gun,  madness on steroids.  I think there's plenty of chaps on here that have seen real action,  a bet most would be highly skeptical of Joe Public managing to defend themselves when set upon by a thug

By the way,  I think your statement "as its happening elsewhere I suppose its OK"   by others (including by implication, me) is just silly and unworthy. Only a callous fool would think that.

All of those nasty thugs are carrying knives at least and increasingly guns . Probably not what you Guardian reading lefties want to hear ? 🤔

Gluv🇬🇧

19 minutes ago, Gluv said:

All of those nasty thugs are carrying knives at least and increasingly guns . Probably not what you Guardian reading lefties want to hear ? 🤔

Gluv🇬🇧

stop being a dick Gluv.  I'm no more a "Guardian reader" than you.  Can you not understand? Being a Tommy Robinson supporting, ultra-right-wing, tin-foil hatted loon doesn't make me a "communist".  It's getting tedious.

2 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

stop being a dick Gluv.  I'm no more a "Guardian reader" than you.  Can you not understand? Being a Tommy Robinson supporting, ultra-right-wing, tin-foil hatted loon doesn't make me a "communist".  It's getting tedious.

Annnd, he's cracked! 😂

Ok , I will try and not mention when you wander off the path .....It's going to be difficult mind ! 😉

Gluv🇬🇧

10 hours ago, gazzarM1 said:

Never does anybody Any harm to be aware and maybe practice some self defence discipline.However first principles apply here ....meaning avoidance  should be your initial approach.....descalation not often a viable option....example how do you tell a drunken lout to stop hitting you for no reason?Tell him to stop hitting you again?

To get yourself out of a situation sometimes all that is needed is to do just enough to escape. An earlier poster stated that when  it comes it comes fast and in that kind of situation you will do well to get out unscathed.

We live in an age where society is getting more and more lawless daily ....to believe differently is folly.

Agree, the vids are educational - each and every one different , john give a mini lesson for each vid and itd be foolish to think - phaa it wouldn't happen to me .

That shooting in brixham recently was unprovoked, randomly shooting the ppl inside hitting 3 of them. They seen it coming too , had one of them been carrying and able to react quick enough, it may of been a different outcome. Just saying. They almost had no where to go . Cornered - throwing baguettes may of got you executed - a conceal carry and someone trained properly could of stopped that threat . But also agree prevention is better option if possible - de escalate . These things are what the lesson is all about my friends..  

Call me , or it silly , but wanting to have a carry if i was in that shop id definitely want one if you could wind back time . Not being funny just my opinion. I know it could never be needed in your lifetime, and no one would even know you had one , but that saying - 

Better to have it  and not need it - than

Better to need it - and not have it

lol idk why i just thought of this - - it is early and i can't sleep - -

You know these antarctic workers / scientist etc ? There's a miniscule chance they may meet a polar bear, but they still prepare / carry

6 hours ago, saddler said:

Funny that
I used to sell a lot of 9mm pistols SOLELY for the purpose above, and only to UK FAC holders to legally use for self defence in the UK
Nothing skyrocketed
NOT highly trained folk from the high speed low drag community - just average "man in the street" type working Brits - no doubt a few are still alive to go home to their families because they WERE armed

That must be NI?  They were defending themselves against a very specific and targeted threat.

Not sure that reads across at all to 'every tattooed fkwit, currently only with a screwdriver in their car to roadrage you, now having a snubby in their car'

The fallacy in 'concealed carry' arguments here, is that most people mean

'concealed carry...but just for me though' 😂

7 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

As soon as I hear the words "Guardian reading leftie", my eyes glaze over..............

Pete

Actually, I read the Guardian app, for no other reason than it's free. 

I have to say it's an intensely depressing read - it offers the gainsay negative view on everything and, without doubt, is the cultural home of uk-self-loathing and the perma-offended woke intolerant-tolerant.

It took me a while to learn stop reading the articles telling me to hate myself because I'm a British, white, straight, male - or should I say 'person born with testes'? - but once I got past that, there's free news there.

I still read it. Often shaking my head at the depressing lens through which the perma-offended view their - actually  very comfy, safe and equal - UK existence.

11 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Hummm,    and here was I thinking this was a sensible forum with experienced adults exchanging intelligent views😉

Noooo, not all the time - bit like life (dang, just gone and contradicted my ‘it’s not real’ 😂)

BD - concur re. Grauniad, actually pretty much any MSM, reading them objectively is a task in itself, you can though sift some information - resisting the temptation to become ‘angry of Warminster’ is a challenge 🤯